Easy Sour Cream and Chive Dip Recipe
Share this recipe!
Easy, creamy 3-ingredient Sour Cream and Chive Dip! Made with simple ingredients, and loaded with fresh chive flavor, this game day or party dip goes great with crispy potato chips, crisp veggies, and more!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and Delicious Sour Cream and Chive Dip Recipe
This delicious dip, made with fresh herbs and garlic is a tasty snack great for movie nights and more! A great crowd-pleasing appetizer, this fresh, tangy and herby dip is ready in minutes, with only 3 ingredients!
This makes a smaller batch of dip, but this recipe is easily scaled up or down.
What goes into the dip?
This Sour Cream and Chive dip comes together in just a few minutes, with only 3 ingredients (+ salt and black pepper)! To make the dip, you will need:
- 1 cup of sour cream. You can use full fat (my preference), or low fat sour cream.
- 1/2 cup fresh chopped chives (about one oz). Do not substitute for dried chives, as the dip will not taste the same.
- 1 crushed clove of garlic.
Making the Sour Cream and Chive Dip
To make the dip, crush or mince the garlic, finely chop the chives, and add to a bowl with the sour cream. Stir well and – that’s it! This dip is great right away, and the flavors only become more pronounced as it sits, so it’s also great for a make-ahead snack.
Step by step:
- Finely chop the chives, and add to a medium mixing bowl.
- Add the crushed garlic and sour cream, and salt and black pepper to taste.
- Stir until fully combined. .
What to serve with the dip
This creamy dip goes great with tortilla chips, pita bread, crispy potato chips, or pretzels. It could even make a great dip for french fries, roasted baby potatoes, or sweet potato wedges.
Living that low carb life? Try the dip with some crisp veggies, such as bell peppers, cucumber sticks, celery sticks, or baby carrots!
Here are some swaps you can make to make this dip your own, or use what you have on hand:
- Instead of Sour Cream, try Labneh, Greek Yogurt, or Crème Fraiche. You could also try a half and half ratio of cream cheese and sour cream, or mayo and sour cream.
- Swap out the garlic clove for a tsp of garlic powder.
- Add a touch of lemon zest for a bright, citrusy note.
- In a pinch, you could use thinly green onions or spring onions in place of the chives.
To store the dip in advance (or any leftovers), transfer it to an airtight container, and keep in the refrigerator for up to 4-5 days. Just give it a good stir before serving.
Hungry for more dip recipes?
If you love this Sour Cream and Chive Dip, you’ll enjoy these dips, too!
- Easy White Bean Dip
- Warm Elote Dip
- French Onion Soup Dip
- Gochujang Mayo
- Sriracha Aioli
- Whipped Ricotta Dip
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Made this Easy Sour Cream and Chive Dip recipe? Leave a review below!
Easy Sour Cream and Chive Dip Recipe
- 1 cup sour cream (preferred: full fat)
- 1/2 cup chopped chives (about 1 oz)
- 1 garlic clove, crushed/minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Finely chop the chives, and add to a medium mixing bowl. 2. Add the crushed garlic and sour cream, and salt and black pepper to taste. 3. Stir until fully combined. Serve immediately, or refrigerate and serve later. Keeps for 4-5 days in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.