Fennel Grapefruit Vodka Fizz
Share this recipe!
With a quick and easy fennel simple syrup, some fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice, vodka and club soda- this 4 ingredient Fennel Grapefruit Vodka Fizz is dangerously easy to drink, and almost too easy to whip up!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
Grapefruit and Fennel – A Power Couple
While not a well know flavor coupling, there is something that just clicks for grapefruit and fennel. The sweet, almost licorice flavor of the fennel syrup compliments the tart white grapefruit and bite of the vodka perfectly.
Top that combo off with a little bubbly mineral water or club soda, and you’ve got a crisp, refreshing and oh-so-drinkable cocktail that’s ready in minutes, with a few simple ingredients!
Making the Fennel Simple Syrup
To make the fennel simple syrup- all you will need is some fennel seeds, sugar, water, and about 5 minutes (plus cooling time).
Throw everyone in the pool (aka the saucepan) and let them meld together into a richly colored, deeply flavored syrup. Once it’s cooled and strained, it’s ready to use- and store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
A 4 ingredient Fizz- ready in minutes!
Once you have your syrup ready, all you need to do is add some to a shaker with a shot of vodka and some fresh squeeze grapefruit juice. Shake well, then pour over ice and top with club soda or sparkling mineral water. Garnish with a wedge or slice of grapefruit and enjoy!
Want to make a big batch of these for a crowd? You could easily make a big batch with some pre-squeezed grapefruit juice, vodka and fennel syrup in a pitcher, and let your guests add ice and top with seltzer as they serve themselves!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Fennel Grapefruit Vodka Fizz, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Fennel Grapefruit Vodka Fizz
- 1.5 oz vodka
- 1/4 cup fresh squeeze white grapefruit juice
- 1.5 oz fennel simple syrup
- top with club soda or sparkling mineral water
Fennel Simple Syrup
- 1/2 tbsp fennel seeds
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup cane sugar or granulated sugar
- Make the fennel simple syrup. Add the fennel seeds, sugar and water to a small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally until sugar is fully dissolved. 2. Once sugar is dissolved and syrup is slightly thickened, turn off heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Strain into a jar or airtight container and store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Makes about 1.5 cups, and keeps up to 2 weeks in refrigerator. 3. Make the cocktail. Add simple syrup, vodka and grapefruit juice to a cocktail shaker or mason jar and shake well. Fill a highball glass with ice and pour mixture over. Top with club soda or sparkling mineral water and garnish with grapefruit slice. Make 1.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!