Guava, Nectarine & Basil Tequila Refresher
- 3 oz silver tequila
- 3 oz Nectarine & Basil Simple Syrup
- 6 oz guava nectar
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 5-10 lightly bruised/muddled basil leaves
- seltzer or club soda, for finishing
Nectarine Basil Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1 cup basil, stems and all, plus more for garnish
- 2 nectarines, sliced (pit removed), plus more slices for garnish, if desired*
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 cups water
Make simple syrup: Add sugar, water, 1 cup basil and nectarines to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.
2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, 30 minutes, until slightly thickened.
3. Allow to cool (about 30 minutes), and strain into a an airtight jar or container. Discard fruit and basil.
4. Assemble cocktail: Add basil leaves to a large cocktail shaker and muddle or lightly press into the sides of the shaker to release aroma. Fill shaker with ice, about halfway. Add 3 oz (2 shots) silver tequila, 3 oz (2 shots) simple syrup, 6 oz guava nectar and the juice of 1 lemon. Cover and shake, then strain into 2 cocktail glasses filled with ice. Top with seltzer or club soda and garnish with lemon slices and basil leaves.