This quick and easy Seafood Bruschetta with Corn, Scallops and Shrimp makes a great appetizer. With a few simple ingredients, the bruschetta can be made ahead of time, and assembled just before guests arrive!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and delicious Shrimp and Scallop Bruschetta
If you love seafood as much as I do, you're going to go gaga over this fresh and delicious Seafood Bruschetta with Corn, Scallops and Shrimp! With complimentary flavors and a small ingredients list, this bruschetta really lets the shrimp and scallops shine.
Cooking with Karibe
Cutlery Set with Stand & Sharpener
Based in New Jersey, Karibe is a black-owned cookware business, offering quality cookware since 2018! When you Cook with Karibe, you know you’re working with quality tools that are durable, easy to use, and designed with the user in mind.
The 16 piece Knives Set comes with an assortment of quality kitchen knives, a peeler, kitchen shears, and a sharpener!
The set's compact and sleek holder is easy to store, and takes up significantly less space than a standard knife block.
Black Walnut Cutting Board
This sleek, stylish and sturdy Karibe cutting board is a nice size for small to medium dishes, and is beautiful enough to display your bruschetta on for guests!
Made of natural wood board has a unique asymmetrical shape, and a convenient storage saving cutout for easy hanging!
Making the seafood bruschetta
To make this shrimp and scallop bruschetta, you'll whip up some quick baguette toasts in the oven, and prep the remaining ingredients while the bread crisps. With prep, this recipe only takes about 15 minutes to prep, and a few minutes to assemble.
You can serve the bruschetta immediately, or make the toasts and bruschetta in advance, and assemble when guests arrive. Juts store the toasts in an airtight container or bag, and pop the bruschetta in the fridge until you're ready to eat.
What do you need to make the seafood bruschetta?
To make this super simple and delicious seafood appetizer, you will need:
- Fresh or frozen/thawed Scallops.
- Raw jumbo Shrimp.
- Fresh Basil.
- Cherry Tomatoes.
- A lemon.
- Fresh or frozen corn.
- Olive oil.
- A crusty baguette.
- A good set of knives and cutting board.
Loaded with fresh produce, this bruschetta only required a few minutes of cooking for the seafood and corn, and a bit of knife work. It's a great fast and easy seafood appetizer you can prep ahead and have ready to assemble for parties and get-togethers!
Can you substitute the fresh corn when not in season?
In short- yes! If you can't get your hands on fresh in-season corn, you can make this recipe with frozen corn! It's just as delicious, and easy! Just sub 2 corn cobs for ½ cup frozen kernels.
Prepping the appetizer ingredients
As far as seafood appetizers go, this recipe is pretty to whip up. I used my Karibe cutlery set, and it was a breeze! The chef's knife obviously comes into play, but I also like to use the paring knife for smaller cuts, like the shallot. Their bread knife glides effortlessly through the crusty baguette as well, making the toasts fast and easy.
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Seafood Bruschetta with Corn, Scallops and Shrimp
- 12 oz fresh or frozen/thawed scallops, cut into fours
- ½ lb raw jumbo shrimp, cut into small pieces
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup cherry tomatoes, cut into fours
- 1 tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 lemon, (juice and zest)
- 2 ears fresh corn cut off the cob , or ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 3 tablespoon olive oil , (reserve 1 tablespoon for cooking seafood)
- 1 French baguette, cut into 14" rounds
- ¼ cup olive oil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 2. Slice the baguette into ¼” thick rounds. Transfer slices to a baking sheet, and brush sliced side of bread rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 3. Bake on top rack 10 minutes, until golden. 4. While the bread toasts, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil over medium-high heat in a large frying pan. 5. Add the seafood to the pan, and season with salt and pepper. 6. Cook for 3-4 minutes, until opaque. 7. Add the corn and cook 2 minutes more. 8. Turn off the heat, drain off any excess liquid in the pan, and set off the heat to cool. 9. Add remaining brushetta ingredients to a large bowl. 10. When toasts are finished, add seafood and corn mixture to the bowl, and toss to combine. 11. Top toasts with bruschetta mixture and serve.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.