Ghoulishly Green Bloody Mary
Share this recipe!
This zesty and delicious Green Bloody Mary is made with a blended veggie juice, Green Chile Vodka and a tangy Tajin rim! Garnish with bacon, celery and jalapeño for an amazing brunch cocktail!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Spicy Homemade Green Bloody Marys
These fun and festive Ghoulishly Green Bloody Marys are perfect for halloween, or any time of the year! Just whip up a quick and easy green juice, and shake it up with some delicious Green Chile infused vodka!
What goes into the Green Bloody Mary?
To make these bloody marys, you’ll make a quick and easy green juice in the blender, and mix it with some pink grapefruit juice and Green Chile Vodka. Shake well, and pour over ice!
Making the green juice
To make the homemade green juice/bloody mary mix, you will need:
- Fresh cilantro and parsley. These just need to be rough chopped, and add great flavor to the green juice. Use the stems! They have tons of flavor, and will be pulverized in the blender anyway.
- Chopped poblano peppers. Make sure to remove the seeds and stems.
- A bunch of celery.
- A touch of the jar liquid from a jar of pickled jalapeños. These are great for garnish, too!
- A couple green onions.
- A half of a lemon and a lime. These will be throw in, not squeezed- so just cut them into small chunks.
- Green hot sauce. I like Tabasco, or Trader Joe’s Green Dragon Hot Sauce.
- Prepared horseradish, for a bit of extra spice.
- Celery seeds, salt and pepper, to round out the flavor.
Mixing the cocktails
When you have made and strained your juice, you’ll mix it with Green Chile Vodka, and some pink grapefruit juice. Don’t worry the drink will still be super green! The grapefruit juice just adds a touch of sweetness and body to the cocktail, to balance out the spicy green juice.
Garnishing and serving the green bloody marys
To garnish the bloody marys, moisten the glasses, and coat the rims in Tajin seasoning. Garnish each glass with celery, a strip of bacon, and some pickled jalapeños.
Want to save this recipe for later?
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Made this recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
Ghoulishly Green Bloody Mary
- high powdered blender
- cocktail shaker
- 1 cup cilantro with stems, roughly chopped
- 1 cup parsley with stems, roughly chopped
- 2 cups chopped poblano peppers, (seeds and stems removed)
- 6 stalks of celery, roughly chopped
- 2 green onions, roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, cut into chunks
- 1 lime, cut into chunks
- 1 tbsp jar liquid from a jar of pickled jalapeños
- 1 tbsp green hot sauce
- 1 tsp prepared horseradish
- 1/2 tsp celery seeds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground black pepper
Green Bloody Marys
- 1 cup strained green juice
- 1 cup pink grapefruit juice
- 4 oz Green Chile Vodka , (or plain vodka)
- Tajin seasoning, for rimming glasses
- pickled jalapeños
- cooked bacon
- Add all green juice ingredients to a blender, and pulse until smooth and liquid. 2. Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and discard chunks. 3. To a cocktail shaker, add 1 cup of the green juice, 1 cup of grapefruit juice, and 4 oz green chile vodka. Shake well. 4. Moistened and coat the rims of 2 cocktail glasses with Tajin seasoning. 5. Fill glasses with ice. 6. Pour bloody Marys, and garnish with celery, bacon, and pickled jalapeños.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.