Honey and Thyme Paloma
Share this recipe!
This twist on the classic Paloma compliments the already great grapefruit and tequila combo with a flavorful simple syrup made with honey and fresh thyme.Jump to recipe
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Honey, it’s tequila thyme! (sorry).
If you love a great Paloma, you’re really going to love this flavorful twist on the classic drink.
While it certainly is hard to improve on perfection, I may have here (insert horn toot here). The addition of fresh herbs and rich honey flavor really help to make a perfectly balanced and tasty cocktail. If you’ve taken a look at my other cocktail recipes, you may have noticed I have quite the affinity for simple syrups- and this boozy concoction is no exception. For this simple syrup, we’ll combine grapefruit peel, thyme, and honey for a slightly tart, herby and rich base for the cocktail. The rest is just a pour and a shake away!
My Honey and Thyme Paloma is a big crowd pleaser, and can be made in advance, or in big batches for parties!
For more of my cocktail recipes, visit my cocktails page!
Honey and Thyme Paloma
Honey, Thyme and Grapefruit Simple Syrup:
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 cup water
- the peel of 1/2 ruby red grapefruit
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 oz Honey, Thyme and Grapefruit Simple Syrup
- 4 oz Mezcal (or silver tequila)
- the juice of half a rub red grapefruit
- the juice of one lime
- sparkling water, such as San Pellegrino
- garnish with fresh thyme sprigs, grapefruit slices and reserved grapefruit peel from simple syrup
- Make the simple syrup: Peel half of a grapefruit (trying to keep long, intact pieces). Combine sugar, honey, water, thyme and grapefruit peel in a saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce to low heat and simmer 30 minutes. Allow to cool completely and strain into a jar or airtight container. Reserve grapefruit peel for garnish and discard cooked thyme.
2. Assemble cocktails: Add simple syrup, mezcal or silver tequila, grapefruit juice and lime juice in a cocktail shaker or mason jar. Shake well and divide equally over two 8 oz glasses filled with ice. Top each cocktail with sparkling water, and garnish with reserved grapefruit peel, fresh grapefruit slices, and thyme sprigs. Cheers!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.