Spiked Dalgona Coffee
A whipped and creamy take on iced coffee is taken to the next level with this Spiked Dalgona Coffee, featuring whipped instant coffee, flavored milk and spiced rum.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
First up- what is Dalgona Coffee?
Dalgona (whipped or beaten) coffee is a beverage made by whipping equal parts instant coffee, granulated sugar and warm/hot water until it becomes creamy and then adding it to chilled milk. Most recently- it took the world by storm in TikTok videos originating in South Asia, where the drink has been popular for quite some time.
For this version of the famous drink, I’ve added some spices and flavoring to the milk, as well as some spiced rum, for a rich and creamy cocktail that’s sure to satisfy.
How to make the whipped coffee for the Spiked Dalgona Coffee
So- as impossible as a bowl of sugar and coffee granules becoming a whipped substance sounds, it’s really very simple to make.
You’ll start by adding equal parts instant coffee, granulated sugar, and warm/hot water to a bowl. Only instant coffee granules will work here- so save your regular brew for the morning after.
After you’ve got all that in a bowl (for this recipe, I used 2 tbsp of each), you’ll either vigorously whisk them fo upwards of 5 minutes, or use a hand mixer and beat the ingredients for 3-5 minutes.
When the coffee is ready to go, it will be a thick, whipped cream consistency, and the color will be much lighter. This will happen gradually as you whisk. Once it’s ready- it’s time to make the cocktail!
Assembling the Spiked Dalgona Coffee cocktail
To make the whipped coffee cocktail, you will need:
- The whipped coffee (equal parts instant coffee, sugar, and warm water)
- Milk of choice- I love almond milk or good ol’ regular milk for this recipe
- Vanilla extract
- Ground Cinnamon
- Simple syrup (homemade or store bought)
- Spiced rum (I used Kraken)
Once you’ve got your coffee whipped, you’ll simply add the milk, vanilla, cinnamon, simple syrup and spiced rum to a cocktail shaker, pour it over ice, and top the milk mixture with your creamy, dreamy whipped coffee.
All that’s left to do is stir and enjoy. Cheers!
for more cocktail ideas, visit my cocktails page!
Spiked Dalgona Coffee
- 2 tbsp instant coffee granules
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp warm or hot water
- 1 cup milk or almond milk*
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp simple syrup
- 1.5 oz (one shot) spiced rum, such as Kraken
- ice, for serving
- Either whisking by hand or using a hand mixer, whisk together instant coffee granules, sugar and warm/hot water until whipped consistency is reached, and color is lightened. About 3-5 minutes depending on method chosen. Set bowl aside once whipped. 2. To a cocktail shaker, add milk, vanilla, cinnamon, spiced rum and simple syrup. Shake well. 3. Fill a cocktail glass with ice and pour milk mixture over. 4. Top milk mixture with whipped coffee and serve. Stir drink well before consuming.
I have used almond milk and whole milk for this, but any of your favorite milks will do!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.