Strawberry Thyme Vodka Lemonade
Share this recipe!
A great spring and summer sipper, this Strawberry Thyme Vodka Lemonade is a refreshing, easy cocktail, made with fresh lemon, fresh or frozen strawberries, and fresh thyme sprigs.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
A classic drink, with a twist!
For this refreshing spring/summer cocktail, I decided to take classic strawberry lemonade, and make it a boozy delight by adding fresh thyme, and Trader Joe’s Organic Vodka to the mix!
The result is a super refreshing cocktail with nuanced flavor, that begs to be broken out at your next BBQ or outdoor party.
Making the Strawberry Thyme Vodka Lemonade
To make this delightful cocktail, you will need:
- Strawberries– fresh or frozen, whatever you have
- Fresh Thyme sprigs, for subtle herby flavor
- Honey, or sugar if you don’t have honey on hand
- Good old H2O, aka water
- Your favorite plain vodka
- Some fresh lemons
- Plenty of ice
- Club soda, or sparkling water
Making the Simple Syrup (trust me- they don’t call it simple for nothing!)
Throw the strawberries, thyme, honey and water into a small saucepan. Turn the heat on high, and wait for it to come to a boil. Reduce the heat to medium low, and cook for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, let it cool, and strain the fruit and thyme out. That’s it! (told you it was simple!)
Drumroll, please- assembling the cocktails
Now that’ you’ve got your syrup ready, you’ll mix a bit of that with some of the fresh squeezed lemon juice, and some vodka. Shaken or stirred? That’s up to you, Bond.
After you’ve go the lemon juice, vodka and simple syrup all mixed up, fill a few glasses halfway with ice, and divide the mixture evenly between them. Top them all with club soda (as much or as little as you like- the less club, the sweeter this drink will be), garnish them with thyme and lemon, and serve. Cheers!
For more great cocktail recipes, visit my Cocktails page!
Strawberry Thyme Vodka Lemonade
Strawberry Thyme Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen strawberries, thawed and rough chopped*
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup honey*
- 3/4 cup water
- 3/4 cup Strawberry Thyme Simple Syrup
- 3/4 cup fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 4.5 oz (3 shots) vodka
- club soda
- Make your simple syrup: In a small saucepan, bring the syrup ingredients to a boil, then reduce to medium-low, and simmer, stirring occasionally for 10 minutes. Turn off the heat, allow syrup to cool, and strain through a fine mesh sieve into a medium sized jar or airtight container, pressing fruit to make sure you get every last drop of liquid. Makes 1 cup. 2. Make the Cocktail: Fill 2 large glasses halfway with ice. 3. Combine vodka, lemon juice, and strawberry thyme simple syrup by stirring well, or shaking in a cocktail shaker. 4. Fill each glass halfway with strawberry lemonade and vodka mixture, and top with club soda. 5. Garnish with thyme sprigs and lemon slices. Makes 2 large drinks, or 4 smaller drinks.
While this recipe calls for strawberries, you could use an equal portion of raspberries or blackberries- and this would still be delicious.
If you don’t have honey on hand, you could use an equal portion of sugar or agave syrup.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!