Whipped Ricotta Toasts with Lemon Honey Drizzle
Share this recipe!
These Whipped Ricotta Toasts with Lemon Honey Drizzle, Walnuts and Basil are an easy, light appetizer you can whip up in under 30 minutes! Vegetarian friendly, this easy ricotta toast recipe can be prepared with the air fryer or oven. Make everything ahead to make it easy to assemble the whipped ricotta crostini right before guests arrive!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and tasty Whipped Ricotta Toasts with Lemon Honey Drizzle!
For an easy and fast appetizer everyone will enjoy, you can’t go wrong with whipped ricotta toast! Making the whipped ricotta is nearly effortless with the help of your food processor, and assembling and topping these creamy and crispy bites with fresh herbs and walnuts is a breeze!
The lemony and garlic in the whipped creamy ricotta along with the crunch of the walnuts, fresh vibrant basil and tangy honey lemon drizzle make these an irresistible bite at any get together. Assemble the toasts fully, or set up a board and allow guests to build their own toasts!
What goes into the whipped ricotta?
The easy and fresh whipped ricotta is easy to mere minutes! To make the creamy and light whipped ricotta, you will need:
- Whole milk ricotta cheese.
- Fresh grated lemon zest.
- A clove of fresh garlic.
- a touch of extra virgin olive oil.
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
All you need to do is pulse the ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds, and voila- you’ve got a delicious and flavorful whipped ricotta. If you don’t have a food processor, you can whip the ricotta with a hand mixer. Just be sure to finely mince or press the garlic first.
Making the crostini for the ricotta toast
You can make the whipped ricotta crostini two ways; with the oven, or the air fryer!
To make the baguette toasts in the air fryer
Grab a fresh baked baguette, and slice into 1/4″ to 1/2″ thick pieces. Brush the cut sides of the baguette slices with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. Preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. Cook the toasts at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until they reach your desired crispness.
Make the toasts in the oven
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees Transfer the bread slices to a baking sheet, and brush sliced side of bread rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Bake on top rack 10 minutes, until golden.
Topping the whipped ricotta crostini
Once your ricotta and toasts are prepped and ready to go this ricotta toast recipe is finished with a delicious honey lemon drizzle, fresh basil leaves, and crunchy chopped walnuts.
The assemble the ricotta toast, spread about 1/2 tbsp of the whipped ricotta onto each toast Top each toast with walnuts, basil, and honey drizzle. Top with lemon zest for garnish, if desired.
Other ways to top the ricotta toast
This whipped ricotta toast recipe is easily adaptable to your tastes, or what you have on hand. Here are some other swaps and additions you can try!
- Use pecans, pistachios or slivered almonds in place of the walnuts.
- Try fresh parsley, chives or thinly sliced scallion instead of the basil.
- Swap honey for some agave syrup or balsamic glaze.
- Jazz them up with a little prosciutto or smoked salmon.
- Try a fun bread, like pumpernickel, rye or flavored.
Looking for more fun recipe ideas?
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Whipped Ricotta Toasts with Lemon Honey Drizzle
- air fryer or oven
- Food Processor
- 1 cup whipped ricotta, (see below for recipe link)
- 1 French baguette, cut into 1/4" to 1/2" thick slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (packed) thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- the zest of 1 lemon , (optional)
- Make the whipped ricotta, and set aside or refrigerate until ready to assemble the toasts. Do not add the toppings.Make the toasts:Air Fryer 1. Brush the cut sides of the baguette slices with olive oil, and season with salt and pepper. 2. Preheat Air fryer to 400 degrees for 5 minutes. 3. Cook at 400 degrees for 3-5 minutes, until toasts reach desired crispness. Oven Baked 1. Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 2. Slice the baguette into 1/4” -1/2” thick rounds. Transfer slices to a baking sheet, and brush sliced side of bread rounds with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. 3. Bake on top rack 10 minutes, until golden.Make the Honey Drizzle 1. Combine Honey and lemon juice, and stir well to combine. Assemble the toasts 1. Spread about 1/2 tbsp of the whipped ricotta onto each toast. 2. Top each toast with walnuts, basil, and honey drizzle. Top with lemon zest for garnish, if desired.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!