With a quick and easy everything bagel seasoned crust & tomato pimento cheese filling, this Pimento Cheese, Tomato & Cheddar Galette with Everything Bagel Crust makes a great appetizer or addition to Sunday brunch! Serve it with a salad, or add it to a buffet table for a savory pastry sure to impress!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Southern Summer on a plate
If tomatoes aren't synonymous with summer, I don't know what is. The same can be said for Pimento Cheese Spread and the South.
For this quick and easy savory galette, I've combined those 2 favorite ingredients for the ultimate tomato "pie". Add to the mix a everything bagel seasoned crust and some grated cheddar for one dreamy dish!
Every time I make this, it's literally gone within an hour. My boyfriend and I love to serve this for brunch with friends, or just eat the whole thing ourselves- it's THAT GOOD.
To make this creamy, tart and delicious tomato and pimento cheese galette, you will need:
- 1 cup of my easy Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread. This rich, creamy, and tangy Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread is super simple to make with just a few ingredients, some spices and a food processor. Make it in advance for parties, and serve it with chips, crackers, pretzels, or crusty bread for an easy and delicious crowd pleaser! Not only is it amazing in this galette- you can also use the leftovers to make my One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken!
- Halved cherry tomatoes. I used some pretty multi-colored heirloom cherry tomatoes, but any cherry tomatoes would work here, or even grape tomatoes. Just slice them in half and gently press them into the pimento cheese spread.
- Shredded cheddar cheese. Sharp or mild, whichever you prefer/have on hand.
- 1 egg beaten- to make the crust shiny and beautiful.
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning to stud the edge of the crust and impart even more everything bagel flavor (the crust is also EBS flavored!)
That dough, though
The dough for this savory galette comes together in mere minutes with the help of your trusty food processor. To make the dough, you'll add flour, salt, everything bagel seasoning and tiny tiny pieces of butter to a food processor. Pulse briefly until fine crumbs form, then gradually add ice cold water until the dough just comes together. Once the dough is ready, form it into a flat disc, wrap it up and toss it in the fridge. The dough will need at least 1 hour to firm up before it's ready to roll and bake.
Once your dough is chilled and rolled out, and your Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread is ready, it's time to assemble and bake!
Leaving about a 2" gap all the way around, spread an even layer of the pimento cheese in the center, then top with the halved tomatoes, cut side up.
Carefully pull the crust up and over to form an edge around the filling, working clockwise and overlapping to seal.
Brush the outer edges of the dough that you have folder up with beaten egg, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of everything bagel seasoning liberally over the egg washed edge. Lastly, top the filling with a generous portion of grated cheddar cheese, and bake for 50-55 mins at 375 degrees until crust is golden brown and cheese is well browned.
Be sure to check on the galette periodically as it bakes. If the crust becomes starts to look a little too dark, tent it with foil. When the galette is done, the crust should be a golden brown color, and the cheese and tomatoes should be nice and roasted and bubbly.
Once the galette is ready, allow it to cool at least 15-20 minutes prior to slicing serving. Serve the galette warm, room temperature or cold- whichever you prefer!
I like to serve this galette warm or room temperature with a side salad. It also is a great dish for a pot-luck or brunch!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Pimento Cheese, Tomato and Cheddar Galette with Everything Bagel Crust, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Looking for more delicious recipes? Why not try my Tamale Pie Al Pastor, Shrimp Gumbo with Chicken Andouille Sausage, Ham, Bean and Bacon Soup with Dumplings, or Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Creamy Baked Bean Gravy?!
Pimento Cheese, Tomato and Cheddar Galette with Everything Bagel Crust
- Food Processor
- 1 cup homemade horseradish pimento cheese spread*
- 1 cup halved heriloom cherry tomatoes*
- ¼ cup shredded cheddar cheese*
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon everything bagel seasoning
Everything Bagel Galette Dough:
- 1 ½ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon everything bagel seasoning
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoon (1 stick) cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes*
- 5-8 tablespoon ice water
- Make the galette dough. Add the flour, everything bagel seasoning, salt and butter to a food processor and pulse (do not run, pulse quickly and in short bursts) until fine crumbs form. 2. Slowly add in ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time, and pulse each time until the dough just comes together. Should be somewhat moist, but not wet. 3. Remove the dough from the processor, shape into a round flat disc and refrigerate at least one hour or up to overnight. 4. When ready to bake, preheat the oven t0 375 degrees. 5. Lay the dough on a sheet of parchment paper, and cover with another sheet of parchment, or plastic wrap. Roll out the dough between 2 sheets of parchment to ⅛” thickness, turning clockwise as you roll it out to retain the round shape. 6. Remove the plastic wrap or top later of parchment, and transfer the dough (on the parchment) to a large baking sheet. 7. Spread the pimento cheese over the center of the dough, leaving about a 2 inch edge, 8. Layer the tomatoes on top of the pimento cheese, cut side up- pressing lightly into the cheese spread to keep them secure. 9. Carefully pull the crust up and over to form an edge, working clockwise and overlapping to seal. 10. Brush the outer edges of the dough that you have folder up with beaten egg, and sprinkle 1 teaspoon of everything bagel seasoning liberally over the egg washed edge. 11. Top the tomatoes and pimento cheese with grated cheddar and bake for 50-55 mins at 375 degrees until crust is golden brown and cheese is well browned. 12. Check on the galette periodically. If crust becomes too dark, tent with foil. 13. Allow to cool 15-20 minutes prior to serving. Serve warm, room temp or cold.
I used heirloom cherry tomatoes for their pretty color, but you could use all red cherry tomatoes, or even grape tomatoes.
My tip for cutting the butter is to get it ICE cold, then cut it in half lengthwise, the cut each of those halves in half lengthwise, then cut crosswise into small ¼" or so squares.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.