This easy Blueberry Moscow Mule recipe comes together in mere minutes with fresh blueberries, fresh squeezed lime juice, and ginger beer! Garnish with a lime wedge and some fresh mint for a refreshing sip that's easily shareable!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Quick and Easy Blueberry Moscow Mule
Loaded with fresh blueberry flavor, this easy and refreshing Blueberry Moscow Mule is made with spicy ginger beer, fresh muddled blueberries, honey (or simple syrup), fresh lime juice, and spicy ginger beer. This fresh and fruity twist doesn't stray far from a traditional Moscow mule, but takes on a sweet and tart flavor from the fresh blueberries and honey.
This cocktail is great all year 'round, and is one of my favorite easy drinks for Spring an Summertime sips with friends. The gorgeous color of these cocktails gives them a great WOW factor at parties! To me, it's the perfect summer cocktail!
To make these easy blueberry mules, you will need:
- Fresh blueberries. You can muddle these with a cocktail muddler, or with the back of a wooden spoon. You want them nice and mashed so they infuse well into the cocktail.
- Plain vodka. My favorite is Stateside. If you want extra Blueberry flavor you could also use Blueberry Vodka. Tito’s handmade vodka is also a solid option.
- Honey, simple syrup or maple syrup, for a touch of sweetness. This recipe calls for honey, but you can use these interchangeably.
- Fresh squeezed lime juice.
- Ginger beer. Ginger beer is traditional, but some people prefer ginger ale. Use whichever you prefer. I like the spiciness of traditional ginger beer.
How to make a Blueberry Moscow Mule
These Moscow mules come together quickly and easily. I recommend using a cocktail shaker with a strainer, and a muddler for best results. Here's how to make 'em:
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle blueberries.
- Add the vodka, honey, and lime and shake well.
- Strain over ice into a copper mug, and top with ginger beer, garnish with mint and a lime wedge or wheel.
Want to save this Blueberry mule recipe for later? Pin it!
Substitutions and Additions
- Try raspberries in place of blueberries.
- Use a blueberry flavored vodka for a bit of extra blueberry flavor.
- Swap the honey for an equal measurement of simple syrup or pure maple syrup.
- Try ginger ale in place of the traditional ginger beer for a sweeter cocktail that's less spicy.
Serving and hosting
If you want to be free of bartending all night, but want to serve these to guests at a party, you could set up a cocktail station with all the ingredients, and a recipe card for guests to make their own. Set the fresh blueberries in a. bowl, leave the tools in a handy location, and set out an ice bucket, and you're good to go!
How to muddle
If you happen to have a cocktail muddler, you can simply press it into the fruit in your cocktail shaker to break down the blueberries and release their flavor. If you do not have a muddler, a sturdy wooden spoon will work in a pinch. You want to be sure the fruit is well mashed so that the blueberry flavor really shines through in the cocktail.
Looking for more easy cocktails?
If you love this Blueberry Moscow Mule, you'll love these easy drinks, too!
Made this Blueberry Moscow Mule? Leave a review and rating below!
Blueberry Moscow Mule (cocktail recipe)
- ¼ cup fresh blueberries
- 2 oz vodka
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 1 oz fresh squeezed lime juice
- 6 oz ginger beer
- 1. In a cocktail shaker, muddle blueberries. 2. Add the vodka, honey, and lime and shake well. 3. Strain over ice into a copper mug, and top with ginger beer, garnish with mint and a lime wedge or wheel.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.