Citrus Mint Moscow Mule
Share this recipe!
This light, refreshing Citrus Mint Moscow Mule combines muddled fresh mint, fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, orange vodka and ginger beer for an easy-as-can-be cocktail that’s great for any occasion.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
The light, refreshing and easy Citrus Mint Moscow Mule
Light, refreshing and easy to make, the classic Moscow Mule is a great cocktail to make for parties, or just for a refreshing evening cocktail.
In this twist on a traditional Moscow mule, I use orange vodka, fresh muddled mint and grapefruit juice (rather than the classic lime). The result is a crisp, slightly spicy, slightly tangy treat that takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Just quickly muddle your mint with the vodka, squeeze in some fresh grapefruit juice, strain it over a glass of ice and top with some bubbly ginger beer. And that’s it- you’ve got yourself a Citrus Mint Vodka Mule!
What goes into the Citrus Mint Vodka Mule?
- Orange flavored vodka.
- Ruby red grapefruit juice. I prefer fresh squeezed for this recipe. The sweetness of the juice eliminates the need for simple syrup in this recipe!
- 4-6 mint leaves, plus more for garnish. You’ll muddle these to release their flavor into the cocktail.
- 4 oz non-alcoholic ginger beer. This give the mule it’s classic spicy flavor! If you like a sweeter and less spicy cocktail, you could use ginger ale.
Tools for a great citrus vodka cocktail
A good cocktail shaker.
A muddler, or spoon, for muddling the mint leaves.
A set of copper mugs, or cocktail glasses. The copper mug is the classic choice for a Moscow mule, but use whatever you have!
A hand held juicer, for juicing the fresh grapefruit.
Looking for more great vodka cockails?
Vodka Limeade with Blueberry and Pineapple
Made this Citrus Mint Moscow Mule? Leave a review and rating below!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Citrus Mint Vodka Mule
- 1.5 oz orange vodka
- 1/4 cup ruby red grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
- 4-6 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 oz ginger beer*
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle vodka and mint, pressing mint leaves with the back of a spoon to extract their flavor. Add grapefruit juice and shake well. Strain over a glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer, garnish with fresh mint and serve!
I got my non-alcoholic ginger beer from Aldi, but you can find it at most grocers.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
[…] Looking for more great cocktails? Why not try my Tropical Thunder Pineapple Cinnamon Paloma, Gin Honey Bee, Boozy Orange Dreamsicle, or my Citrus Mint Vodka Mule! […]