This light, refreshing Citrus Mint Moscow Mule combines muddled fresh mint, fresh squeezed ruby red grapefruit juice, orange vodka and ginger beer for an easy-as-can-be cocktail that's great for any occasion.
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
The light, refreshing and easy Citrus Mint Moscow Mule
Light, refreshing and easy to make, the classic Moscow Mule is a great cocktail to make for parties, or just for a refreshing evening cocktail.
In this twist on a traditional Moscow mule, I use orange vodka, fresh muddled mint and grapefruit juice (rather than the classic lime). The result is a crisp, slightly spicy, slightly tangy treat that takes less than 5 minutes to make!
Just quickly muddle your mint with the vodka, squeeze in some fresh grapefruit juice, strain it over a glass of ice and top with some bubbly ginger beer. And that's it- you've got yourself a Citrus Mint Vodka Mule!
What goes into the Citrus Mint Vodka Mule?
- Orange flavored vodka.
- Ruby red grapefruit juice. I prefer fresh squeezed for this recipe. The sweetness of the juice eliminates the need for simple syrup in this recipe!
- 4-6 mint leaves, plus more for garnish. You'll muddle these to release their flavor into the cocktail.
- 4 oz non-alcoholic ginger beer. This give the mule it's classic spicy flavor! If you like a sweeter and less spicy cocktail, you could use ginger ale.
Tools for a great citrus vodka cocktail
A good cocktail shaker.
A muddler, or spoon, for muddling the mint leaves.
A set of copper mugs, or cocktail glasses. The copper mug is the classic choice for a Moscow mule, but use whatever you have!
A hand held juicer, for juicing the fresh grapefruit.
Looking for more great vodka cockails?
Made this Citrus Mint Moscow Mule? Leave a review and rating below!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Citrus Mint Vodka Mule
- 1.5 oz orange vodka
- ¼ cup ruby red grapefruit juice, fresh squeezed
- 4-6 mint leaves, plus more for garnish
- 4 oz ginger beer*
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle vodka and mint, pressing mint leaves with the back of a spoon to extract their flavor. Add grapefruit juice and shake well. Strain over a glass filled with ice. Top with ginger beer, garnish with fresh mint and serve!
I got my non-alcoholic ginger beer from Aldi, but you can find it at most grocers.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.