Cherry Vodka Sour Recipe
Share this recipe!
This easy, fresh and citrusy Cherry Vodka Sour recipe comes together in a few minutes with fresh lemon juice, grapefruit juice, and some maraschino cherry syrup. Add your favorite vodka and you’ve got a delicious and simple vodka sour that goes down super easy!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Delicious, refreshing and easy Cherry Vodka Sour
This fast and easy vodka sour is a great little drink to make if you’re having company over and want a simple drink that’s low maintenance and delicious. Tart and refreshing, these sours are a great take on a classic whiskey sour, with fresh ingredients for a clean cocktail that goes down real easy.
Looking for more vodka cocktails?
Making the cocktails
To make this super easy Cherry-forward vodka sour recipe, you will need:
- The juice of 1 large lemon.
- Fresh squeezed or bottled grapefruit juice. Ruby red or white both work!
- Some good vodka.
- A jar of good maraschino cherries.
- A cocktail shaker.
- Cherries and grapefruit slices, for garnish.
- Bonus: some classy ice molds.
All you need to do is add all the ingredients to a shaker filled with ice, shake vigorously, and strain over into 2 chilled glasses. I like to use a solid ice mold for these as well.
Tips on how to make cherry vodka sours extra special
This vodka sour recipe is pretty straightforward, but here are a few tips and tricks to make it the best cocktail ever:
- Make sure to add plenty of ice to your shaker, to ensure the drink s frothy and ice cold.
- Use a solid ball of ice, rather than many cubes. This helps limit how watery the drink gets, and bonus- it looks cool!
- Always use fresh lemon juice, not the bottled stuff.
- Use a high quality vodka for a cleaner tasting cocktail.
- Opt for the higher-end cherries. You can find these in most liquor stores, or even Target.
- Shake the hell out of it. Your shaker should be icy when the drink is ready.
- Always adjust to taste. Too sour? Add more cherry syrup. Too sweet? Add a bit more lemon.
Never Miss a Recipe! Sign Up Today!
Does it matter what kind of maraschino cherries I use?
I prefer a higher-end maraschino cherry for this recipe, as it tends to be a little less on the sweet side than your standard supermarket cherry. If sweet is your thing, go for it! You can also sub the cherry syrup for an equal portion of grenadine.
What’s the best vodka to use?
Can I used flavored vodka?
You could definitely use a flavored vodka for these. Since these are cherry sours, I would stick with a cherry flavored vodka.
Is bottled juice ok to use for the cocktails?
I would not recommend using bottled lemon juice, as it very artificial tasting and bitter. fresh squeezed lemon juice is the way to go for these. As for the grapefruit juice, a bottled ruby red or white grapefruit juice would be great in these cocktails!
Can these be made with Whiskey instead of vodka?
Yes! If you’re more of a brown liquor person, the ingredients in this cocktail also work well with some good bourbon whiskey.
Cherry Vodka Sour Recipe
- cocktail shaker
- the juice of 1 large lemon
- 1/4 cup fresh squeezed Grapefruit juice , ruby red or white (bottled ok too)
- 4 oz vodka
- 5 oz Maraschino cherry syrup, (or grenadine)
- Maraschino cherries and grapefruit slices, (for garnish)
- 1. Fill a cocktail shaker hallway with ice. 2. Chill 2 cocktail glasses, and add one large ice cube, or several ice cubes to each glass. 3. Add all cocktail ingredients to the shaker with the ice, and shake well, until shaker is frosty. 4. Stain evenly into 2 cocktail glasses, and garnish with cherries and slices of grapefruit. 5. Enjoy!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!