Impress your guests without the work with this Easy Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken with Balsamic Tomato and Artichoke Pan Sauce. A few minutes of layering some quality ingredients, and into the oven it goes! This recipe uses jarred marinated artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes for a truly dump-and-go meal full of flavor.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
A restaurant-worthy dinner that’s fancy enough to serve for a dinner party or date night, yet easy enough to pull together on a hectic weeknight- this Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken is the lazy man’s culinary magnum opus. We’re using prosciutto and putting dinner on the table in just about 30 minutes, people!
Making the Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken and pan sauce
To make this delicious one pan chicken, throw a few ingredients in a pan, add chicken breast, prosciutto and creamy mozzarella cheese and voila- dinner is served. The easy and amazing pan sauce requires no stirring or fuss- and delivers a tangy, complex flavor that begs to be served over your favorite pasta, or enjoyed with hunks of toasty bread.
This Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken eats like a fancy restaurant meal, but cooks like a TV dinner- it's that easy!
Can I leave out the prosciutto?
You’ll make me cry (kidding) but yes. This dish is just as flavorful sans Italian cured meat. The chicken and sauce are delicious as-is if you want to omit the prosciutto.
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my 30 Minute Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Looking for more great recipes? Why not try my Crockpot Beef Stew with Dumplings, World's Best Pot Roast, Short Ribs with Root Vegetable Purée, One Pan Fennel Dijon Pork Chops or Mouthwatering Mushroom Gravy!
Easy Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken Breast
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained*
- ¼ cup or large handful fresh basil, rough chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon balsamic glaze (such as Roland)
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar*
- 1 small shallot, chopped fine
- 8 crushed garlic cloves
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 4-6 slices of prosciutto
- 4-6 thinly sliced chicken breast pieces or tenders
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.2. Grease a 9x12 (or larger) broiler-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. 3. Add whole tomatoes, drained artichoke hearts, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic glaze, melted butter, red wine vinegar, finely chopped shallot, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes and a dash of salt and pepper directly to the baking dish. Toss to combine and move to outer edges of pan, leaving a large area for chicken to be placed in the center. 4. Season chicken portions with salt and pepper and top each piece of chicken with a slice of prosciutto. Bake for 20 minutes.5. After baking 20 minutes, top the chicken with mozzarella slices and bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melty, then broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the sauce, or over pasta.
Drained Jarred/Marinated artichokes would work well here as well.
White wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar can stand in for red wine vinegar if you don’t have it, or even some red or white wine in a pinch.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.