30 Minute Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken
Impress your guests without the work with this Easy Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken with Balsamic Tomato and Artichoke Pan Sauce. A few minutes of layering some quality ingredients, and into the oven it goes! This recipe uses jarred marinated artichoke hearts and grape tomatoes for a truly dump-and-go meal full of flavor.JUMP TO RECIPE
A restaurant-worthy dinner that’s fancy enough to serve for a dinner party or date night, yet easy enough to pull together on a hectic weeknight- this Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken is the lazy man’s culinary magnum opus. We’re using prosciutto and putting dinner on the table in just about 30 minutes, people!
So easy it’s hard to believe- making the Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken
Throw a few ingredients in a pan, add chicken breast, prosciutto and creamy mozzarella cheese and voila- dinner is served. This delightful pan sauce requires no stirring, fuss or muss, yet delivers a tangy, complex sauce that begs to be served over your favorite pasta, or enjoyed with hunks of toasty bread.
This Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken eats like a fancy restaurant meal, but cooks like a TV dinner- it’s that easy!
Can I leave out the prosciutto?
You’ll make me cry (kidding) but yes. This dish is just as flavorful sans Italian cured meat.
If you make my Easy Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken with Balsamic Tomato and Artichoke Pan Sauce, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
For more easy dinner recipes, visit my dinners page!
Easy Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken with Balsamic Tomato and Artichoke Pan Sauce
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- 1 14 oz can artichoke hearts, drained*
- 1/4 cup or large handful fresh basil, rough chopped, plus more for serving
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp balsamic glaze (such as Roland)
- 1 tbsp melted butter
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar*
- 1 small shallot, chopped fine
- 8 crushed garlic cloves*
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 4 slices of prosciutto
- 1 large chicken breast, cut into 4 equal portions or 4 chicken tenders pounded out to ¼” thickness
- 4 oz marinated mozzarella cheese*
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Grease a 9×12 broiler-safe baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Add whole tomatoes, drained artichoke hearts, chopped basil, olive oil, balsamic glaze, melted butter, red wine vinegar, finely chopped shallot, crushed garlic, red pepper flakes and a dash of salt and pepper directly to the baking dish. Toss to combine and move to outer edges of pan, leaving a large area for chicken to be placed in the center.
4. Wrap one piece of chicken in plastic wrap or place into a quart size ziplock bag pound the chicken lightly with a meat mallet or rolling pin until it is about ¼” thick. Repat with all pieces and place the chicken in the center of the pan in an even layer. Season with salt and pepper and top each piece of chicken with a slice of prosciutto. Bake for 20 minutes.
5. After baking 20 minutes, top the chicken with mozzarella slices and bake 5 minutes more, until cheese is melty, then broil for 3-5 minutes, or until cheese is browned and bubbly. Serve with plenty of crusty bread to soak up the sauce, or over pasta.
Drained Jarred/Marinated artichokes would work well here as well.
White wine vinegar or balsamic vinegar can stand in for red wine vinegar if you don’t have it, or even some red or white wine in a pinch.
Whole milk or part skim mozzarella can be subbed in for the marinated variety.
1 tbs jarred fresh garlic can be used in place of fresh pressed garlic cloves.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.