This Easy Creamy Chipotle Sauce comes together in less than 5 minutes, and goes great on just about anything! As a taco sauce, a chipotle mayo on sandwiches, to dip for french fries- this sauce always hits the spot!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Creamy, versatile Chipotle Sauce in just 5 minutes!
This spicy, creamy Chipotle Sauce is one of my favorite quick and easy sauces to make for just about anything. With a creamy base and plenty of spice and herby flavor, this sauce goes great on anything from breakfast sandwiches to fish tacos.
This versatile sauce only takes about 5 minutes (or less) to make, and comes together entirely in the blender or food processor! It's inexpensive and keeps for up to 1 week, making it a great meal prep item to enjoy all week long!
To make this 5 minute Chipotle Sauce, you will need:
- Mayonaise. I love Kewpie.
- Sour cream. You can use full fat sour cream, low fat sour cream, or even plain Greek yogurt.
- 2-3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo. if you like things less spicy, add these gradually to taste. You'll find these in the Mexican section at most grocery stores.
- The juice and zest of 1 lime.
- Honey, for a touch of sweetness to balance everything out.
- Fresh garlic cloves. In a pinch, you can use jarred garlic or garlic powder. If using garlic powder, start with about ½ teaspoon and adjust to taste.
- Fresh cilantro leaves. These add a fresh burst of flavor to the sauce.
- Salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
How to make Chipotle Sauce
To make the sauce, add all the sauce ingredients to a blender or food processor, and blend until completely smooth. I also like to make this sauce using an immersion blender. If using a food processor, be sure to scrape down the sides as you go to make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
Tools for making the Chipotle Sauce
To make the chipotle sauce, you'll need a high powered blender, food processor, or immersion blender. All 3 work well, it's really a matter of preference.
Substitutions and Additions
- Try plain Greek yogurt in place of sour cream.
- Use an olive oil based mayo.
- In a pinch, you can use chipotle powder, but add about 1 teaspoon at a time by volume and adjust as necessary.
- Like things extra spicy? Add additional chipotle peppers or a touch of the adobo sauce from the can!
- Out of garlic? Try about ½ teaspoon garlic powder instead.
- Go all out and make the sauce with Mexican crema instead of sour cream!
- Vegan? Try vegan mayo and vegan cream cheese in place of the mayo and sour cream.
- No limes on hand? Try a splash of apple cider vinegar!
What to serve with the Chipotle Sauce
This spicy sauce goes great on just about anything. I love it as a dipping sauce for french fries or sweet potato fries, but this creamy sauce is also great as a sandwich spread.
Storing the Chipotle mayo sauce
Once the sauce is blended, store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.This recipes yields a little over 1 ½ cups of Chipotle Sauce.
Want to save this Chipotle Sauce recipe for later? Pin it!
Made this Chipotle mayo sauce recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
Easy Creamy Chipotle Sauce (5 minute recipe)
- immersion blender, blender, or food processor
- ½ cup mayonaise
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2-3 canned chipotle peppers in adobo
- the juice and zest of 1 lime
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh cilantro leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Add all ingredients to a blender or food processor, and pulse until smooth, scraping down the sides as needed. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.