Thai Glass Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing
Share this recipe!
This light, simple and easy Thai Glass Noodle Salad recipe with spicy peanut dressing makes a great weeknight dinner, and also holds up well for weekday meal prep lunches! Whip it up in under 30 minutes for a light and satisfying meal any time of day!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy, light and tasty Asian pasta salad- ready in under 30 minutes!
This light and easy Thai Shrimp Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing is so easy to make on a busy weeknight, or as a Sunday meal prep item for pack and go lunches for the week!
The simple salad requires super minimal cooking and lots of fresh ingredients, for a healthy and quick meal that doesn’t skimp on flavor. Serve it warm, room temp or chilled!
Prepping the ingredients for the Thai Glass Noodle Salad
To make this delicious Asian pasta salad, you will need:
- Cooked rice noodles, such as silver line or Thai glass noodles. Cook according to the directions on the package.
- Jumbo shrimp.
- Red cabbage.
- A small red bell pepper.
- One small carrot.
- Half a medium jalapeño.
- A large seedless English cucumber, cut into cubes.
- 2 green onions (scallions).
- Roasted salted peanuts.
- Fresh cilantro leaves.
- Black and white sesame seeds, for garnish. If you only have white on hand, that works!
- Sriracha sauce- for serving.
Making the dressing
The simple dressing is easy to whip up. You will need:
- Creamy peanut butter.
- Fresh squeeze lime juice.
- Toasted sesame oil.
- Good quality fish sauce
- Rice vinegar.
- Sweet chili sauce.
- Coconut aminos, or low sodium soy sauce.
- Fresh ginger, grated.
This Thai Glass Noodle Salad consists of predominately raw, crisp veggies. Simply shred some fresh red cabbage, slice some red bell pepper, cube some cucumber and shred a carrot. Add some finely diced jalapeño and sliced scallions, and you’re in business.
All the crisp, raw veg are tossed with warm rice noodles and shrimp, fresh cilantro and peanuts.
Spicy peanut dressing recipe
Once all of your veg is prepped and your noodles and shrimp are cooked and briefly cooled, All that’s left to do is toss everything in the creamy peanut dressing!
To make the dressing, all you need to do is quickly microwave the peanut butter to make it more pliable, and whisk it up with the other ingredients until smooth. You can make the dressing first and set it aside- this way, it’s ready to go when the salad ingredients are ready!
To finish the salad, just toss all ingredients in the dressing until well coated!
Serving suggestions for the Thai glass noodle salad
The salad is amazing slightly warm or room temperature, but it’s just as good chilled overnight! I love to serve the salad with a touch of sriracha sauce for a little kick! The spicy peanut dressing recipe holds up really well, and the flavors meld really well, making for great leftovers.
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Thai Glass Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Need more recipe inspiration?
Thai Glass Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing
- 8 oz cooked glass noodles or rice noodles
- 1 lb large or jumbo, shrimp, cooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 small red cabbage, shredded
- 1 small red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, shredded
- 1/2 medium jalapeño, diced (seeds removed)
- 1/2 large seedless English cucumber, cut into cubes
- 2 green onions (scallions), sliced thinly
- 1/2 cup roasted salted peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- black and white sesame seeds, for garnish
- sriracha sauce for serving, if desired
- 1/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 tbsp fish sauce
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp sweet chili sauce
- 1/2 tbsp coconut aminos, or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- Making the dressing: 1. Add peanut butter to a microwave-safe liquid measuring cup or bowl and heat on high for 30 seconds. 2. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth. 3. Set aside until salad is assembled. Prepping the salad: 1. Cook shrimp in boiling water until pink and opaque, about 2-3 minutes. You can cook them in the shells, or remove prior. Remove shrimp with slotted spoon, and return pot of water o stove. 2. Cook noodles in the same pot, according to package directions. Drain and cool slightly, about 10 minutes. 3. Add all salad ingredients to a large bowl and toss well with dressing. 4. Sever with sriracha, if desired. Can be served warm, or chilled.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.