Baked Feta Appetizer
Share this recipe!
This easy and delicious Baked Feta cheese recipe comes together from start to finish in under 30 minutes, for an elegant appetizer you can whip up at a moment’s notice! Serve the creamy and flavorful feta cheese and olive bake with crusty bread or baguette!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Fast, Easy and Addicting Baked Feta
This warm, luxurious baked feta comes together in mere minutes, for a flavorful and impressive appetizer that’s great for parties, holidays, and date nights! Made with creamy and tangy baked feta cheese, mixed olives, roasted red peppers and a honey, garlic and herb infused olive oil, this cheesy app goes great with crusty bread, baguette, or even warm pita bread.
Baked Feta Appetizer Ingredients
This Baked feta is so easy to make. Just add some quality ingredients to a baking dish, and voila! An amazing and elegant appetizer. To make, you will need:
- One 8 oz block of feta cheese. I prefer the kind that is packaged in brine, but you can use any block of feta for this recipe.
- 1 cup of pitted olives. I like to use a mix of Kalamata olives and green olives, but use what you like!
- 1/4 cup sliced roasted red peppers. I use the jarred kind for this recipe.
- 1/4 cup cup extra virgin olive oil.
- 1 tbsp honey, for a touch of sweetness.
- 4 cloves of minced garlic. For best results and flavor, use fresh garlic for this recipe.
- 1/2 tsp dried basil.
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano. If you want to use fresh, you can!
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary. You could also use a bit of minced fresh, if you prefer.
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme, or some fresh thyme. A good rule of thumb for substituting fresh herbs for dried is to use about double the amount of fresh to dried.
- Kosher salt and black pepper, to taste.
- Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish/serving. If you opt to use fresh herbs, you can garnish with some of those, too!
- Crusty bread or baguette, for serving.
How to make Baked Feta
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the block of feta in the center of a baking dish.
Add the olives and peppers to the dish, arranging around the outside of the feta cheese.
In a medium mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, honey and spices.
Pour the mixture over the feta and olives/peppers.
Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste.
Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, uncovered.
Optionally: Broil under your oven’s broiler for 2-3 minutes, to form a golden crusty exterior to your feta.
Serve hot with crusty bread or baguette!
Substitutions and Additions
- Instead of olives, try cherry or grape tomatoes.
- Add some jarred marinated artichokes to the mix for a little extra flavor and texture.
- Drizzle some balsamic glaze over top just before serving for an extra layer of flavor.
- Add some Calabrian chilies or crushed red pepper flakes to the mix for a spicer rendition.
Serving the Baked Feta Cheese
To serve the baked feta, serve it right out the oven with some crusty bread or pita. I like to serve with slices baguette or toasts. You could also serve this with pita crackers, or any of your favorite crackers.
- A 9″x12″ ceramic, glass, or metal baking dish.
- A garlic press.
- One medium mixing bowl, for combining the herb infused oil.
- My favorite feta for this recipe is the type that is sold submerged in brine. It has a great tart flavor and creamy texture.
- Not a fan of olives? Try using a pint of grape or cherry tomatoes instead!
- Got leftovers? Warm it through and use it to make a creamy feta pasta. Just combine with your favorite pasta and a bit of pasta cooking liquid!
Storing and Reheating
IF you have any leftovers, you can store in an airtight container for 3-4 days. To reheat, add to a baking dish and reheat covered until feta is warmed through, about 20 minutes.
You can easily prep this feta ahead of time, and pop it in the refrigerator until you are ready to bake. Take it out of the refrigerator and uncover as the oven preheats, and then bake for 20 minutes at 350.
Want to save this Baked Feta recipe for later? Pin it!
Made this Baked Feta recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
Baked Feta Appetizer
- 1 8 oz block of Feta cheese
- 1 cup pitted olives (Kalamata, green, or mixed)
- 1/4 cup jarred roasted red peppers, sliced thinly
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- kosher salt and black pepper, to taste
- chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
- crusty bread or baguette, for serving
- 1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Place the block of feta in the center of a baking dish. 2. Add the olives and sliced peppers to the dish, arranging around the outside of the feta cheese. 3. In a medium mixing bowl, combine the olive oil, minced garlic, honey and spices. 4. Pour the mixture over the feta and olives/peppers. 5. Season with kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste. 6. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, uncovered. 7. Optionally: Broil under your oven's broiler for 2-3 minutes, to form a golden crusty exterior to your feta. 8. Serve hot with crusty bread or baguette!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.