This easy, fresh and delicious Blueberry Whiskey Lemonade combines fresh blueberries, fresh lemon juice, bourbon whiskey and a bit of sugar for an easy and refreshing cocktail! Use Jim Beam or your favorite bourbon whiskey for a crisp and tart bourbon lemonade great for company, or a relaxing evening drink.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
A light and refreshing Blueberry Whiskey Lemonade - ready in minutes!
A refreshingly simple porch sipper perfect for warmer weather hangouts and BBQs, these Blueberry Whiskey Lemonades go down easy. This Bourbon lemon cocktail touts only 5 simple ingredients, for a fast and fresh cocktail that can be made in small or large batches!
Looking for more great cocktails?
What goes into the Whiskey lemonade?
This cocktail comes together quickly and easily, with just 5 ingredients! To make these whiskey lemonades, you will need:
- Blueberries. Fresh or Frozen (thawed) will do the trick.
- Sugar. I like to use Organic Cane Sugar, but White sugar works just as well.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice. No bitter bottled stuff!
- Your favorite Bourbon Whiskey. I am partial to Jim Beam.
- Plain seltzer water.
To make the cocktail, you'll muddle the sugar and blueberries first to release their flavor and juices. Next, you'll add the fresh squeezed lemon juice and bourbon, and shake the hell out of it. Shaking the cocktail vigorously ensures the flavors meld well, and the sugar fully dissolves into the drink.
Finally you'll strain the drinks over ice, and top with a bit of seltzer, and give them a quick stir. Garnish with a few fresh blueberries and a slice of lemon, and cheers!
Jim Beam is my favorite for this Bourbon lemon cocktail
You can use any Bourbon whiskey you like for this lemonade, but I prefer to use Jim Beam. It's smooth finish works great with the lemon and blueberry flavor. These drinks are pretty potent, with 2 whole shots per cocktail. If you like your drinks a little less stiff, you can reduce the amount of Jim Beam you use by half.
Can I use frozen berries?
This delightfully refreshing blueberry drink can be made with either fresh or (thawed) frozen blueberries! You can also substitute with some blackberries if that's what you have on hand, and it is equally delicious and vibrant.
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Blueberry Whiskey Lemonade
- cocktail shaker
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 tablespoon sugar , (preferably organic cane sugar)
- ½ cup fresh squeeze lemon juice
- 6 oz bourbon whiskey
- plain seltzer water
- fresh blueberries and lemon slices, for garnish
- 1. Add blueberries and sugar to a cocktail shaker and muddle until blueberries are well macerated. 2. Add lemon juice and whiskey and shake vigorously for 1 minutes. 3. Fill 2 cocktail glasses with ice, and strain over each evenly, shaking if needed to release all liquid. 4. Top each glass with seltzer water, and stir. 5. Garnish with fresh lemon and blueberries.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.