Cucumber Watermelon Margarita
Share this recipe!
This easy and delicious Cucumber Watermelon Margarita is made with a fresh cucumber simple syrup, watermelon juice, and all-natural Powell & Mahoney Margarita Mix-for a wining cocktail that’s as quick as it is tasty! This Watermelon Margarita with Cucumber is perfect for summer BBQs, but great all year ’round!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
When it comes to cocktails, who doesn’t love a tangy and refreshing margarita? If like me, margs are your all time fave- you’re going to love these simple and tasty Cucumber Watermelon Margaritas!
Made with all-natural margarita mix, watermelon juice, and a quick and easy cucumber syrup- these cocktails are sure to be a hit at your next get together- and have summer BBQ written all over them!
Making the fresh cucumber simple syrup
The first step in making these refreshing Cucumber Watermelon Margaritas is making the Cucumber Simple Syrup. To make the syrup, you will need:
- A medium cucumber, peeled and chopped into small pieces.
- 1 cup organic cane sugar. I highly recommend organic cane sugar over standard granulated sugar for all my simple syrups. It’s got a better flavor, and more balanced (not cloying) sweetness.
- A cup of water.
To make the syrup, simple add all 3 ingredients to a small saucepan, and bring to a boil. When boiling, reduce to a simmer, and allow to cook 15 minutes. After the 15 minutes, turn off the heat and allow to cool completely. Leave the cucumbers in there! This way, the flavor can fully develop. Once cooled, strain the syrup into a mason jar, and discard the cucumbers.
The syrup will keep about a week in the fridge, and yields about 3/4 cup!
Making the margaritas
Once your cucumber syrup is ready to go, all you need to make these cocktails is:
- The Cucumber Simple Syrup.
- Some fresh or store bought watermelon juice. To make your own watermelon juice, cut up a watermelon and blend it up (in batches if it’s large). Strain through a fine mesh sieve, and voila- you’ve got natural and delicious watermelon juice! I also love Simply Watermelon!
- Some good silver tequila. I love Espolon and Blue Nectar!
- 1 cup Powell & Mahoney Classic Margarita Mix. It’s all-natural, and isn’t loaded down with artificial tasting additives.
- The juice of 1 lime.
Add all ingredients to a large mason jar or cocktail shaker, and shake well.
Garnishing and serving the Cucumber Watermelon Margaritas
When your margaritas are ready to go, it’s time to garnish and serve!
This recipe yields about 4 smaller margaritas (or 2 BIG margaritas). I love to serve them with a lime salt rimmed glass, and some cucumber or lime slices.
To make the salt rim, Mix about 1 tbsp coarse salt to the zest of one lime. Scale up if making more margaritas. Another fun way to garnish the glasses that I love is to use a Himalayan pink salt or violet salt with the lime zest to rim the glass. It adds a beautiful pop of color!
Special Offer for National Margarita Day!
One of the reasons this Cucumber Watermelon Margarita is so delicious is the award-winning, all-natural, Non-GMO Verified, Margarita mixer I use in the recipe!
With no artificial sweeteners or preservatives- Powell & Mahoney’s cocktail mixers make it super easy to enjoy a great margarita at home. Try it for yourself! You won’t be disappointed!
Enter code Jawns30 at checkout to save 30% on your order! Cases of 6 SHIP FREE!
If you make my Cucumber Watermelon Margaritas, made with Powell & Mahoney Craft Cocktail Mixer, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Cucumber Watermelon Margarita
- 1/4 cup Cucumber Simple Syrup (see recipe below)
- 1 cup watermelon juice (fresh or store bought)
- Powell & Mahoney Classic Margarita Mix
- 4.5 oz silver tequila
- the juice of 1 lime
Cucumber Simple Syrup* (see notes/suggestions below)
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and chopped into small pieces
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup water
- the zest of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp pink or violet coarse salt
- Make the Cucumber Simple Syrup 1. Add cucumber, water and sugar to a small saucepan over high heat. 2. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 15 minutes. Turn off heat and allow syrup to cool completely. 3. Pour into a mason jar or airtight container through a fine mesh sieve to strain. Discard cucumber. Make the Margaritas 1. Add cooled simple syrup, watermelon juice, tequila, Powell & Mahoney Classic Margarita Mix and the juice of 1 lime to a large mason jar or cocktail shaker. 2. Shake well to combine. 3. Moisten the rims of 4 cocktail glasses with a lime wedge, and dip into well mixed lime zest and salt to rim, if desired. 4. Add ice to each glass, and divide the cocktail among the 4 glasses. 5. Garnish with lime and/or cucumber slices, if desired.
Alternatively, you could muddle the fresh cucumber with a bit of agave or prepared simple syrup first, then add the other ingredients, shake, and strain well to serve.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!