One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken
Share this recipe!
Looking for a chicken and cheese recipe off the beaten path? This easy, cheesy, weeknight One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken cooks in one skillet with minimal prep! Toss in some tomatoes, herbs, and honey and top with chicken, horseradish pimento cheese and mozzarella- pop it in the oven, and in less than 40 minutes, you’ve got a bubbly pan of deliciously tender chicken, and a pan sauce to serve over rice, noddles or zoodles!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
No muss, no fuss- just delicious, cheesy chicken and pan sauce
This One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken could not be easier to pull together on a busy weeknight. With a quick and easy pan sauce, and a creamy and crispy cheese topping- this is sure to be in the weeknight rotation for years to come!
One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken Ingredients
To make this weeknight wonder, you will need:
- 1 cup homemade pimento cheese spread. I make a killer Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread that I use for this recipe. It’s super easy to make with your food processor, and goes great with crackers and crusty bread. BUT, if you are pressed for time, to quote the great Ina Garten- store bought is fine.
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 6 equal pieces, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Salt and pepper, always. Push it real good, or just a little bit. Your call.
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes, or quartered Roma tomatoes.
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme.
- 2 tbsp olive oil.
- 1 tbsp honey.
- 8 oz fresh torn mozzarella.
- 1 tsp smoked paprika.
- Fresh chopped parsley (optional) for garnish).
Prep work: Assembling the pan
To get the chicken ready to bake, you’ll start by layering in the pan sauce components. Toss tomatoes in thyme, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper and transfer to a large oven safe pan or 12” cast iron skillet.
Take out your daily aggressions on your chicken, and pound it out to 1/4″ thickness with a meat mallet or rolling pin. Doesn’t that feel better?
Once your chicken is thin and even, layer it over the bed of tomatoes, and season it with salt and pepper.
Finishing touches before baking
Spread the pimento cheese evenly over the tops of the seasoned chicken, then layer on fresh torn mozzarella cheese. And that’s all she wrote. Pop that beauty in the oven for about 35 minutes, and it’s read to go!
How to get extra bubbly and brown cheese for the top
If you’re like me, and you like a bubbly and browned cheese topping, try this step. Simply preheat your oven’s broiler to high and stick the whole pan under there for about 2-3 minutes. Behold- crispy, browned and bubbly cheese. A beautiful sight.
Tools for great Pimento Cheese Chicken
A 12″ cast iron skillet. It heats very evenly, and is broiler safe. A win-win!
A mixing bowl or 2.
A sharp knife and cutting board.
Now that you’ve got pan sauce, what you are you with it?
I like to serve my Chicken over egg noodles, rice or couscous. You could even serve this chicken and sauce over zoodles, cauliflower rice, or with a side of roasted potatoes.
Want to save this Pimento Cheese Chicken recipe for later? Pin it!
If you make my One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Need more dinner inspiration?
Made this Pimento Cheese Chicken recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken
- cast iron or oven-safe skillet
- 1 cup horseradish pimento cheese spread*
- 1 large chicken breast cut into 6 equal pieces, pounded to 1/4 inch thickness
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups halved cherry tomatoes or quartered Roma tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp honey
- 8 oz fresh mozzarella, torn
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- fresh chopped parsley (optional) for garnish)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Toss tomatoes in thyme, olive oil, honey, and salt and pepper and transfer to a large oven safe pan or 12” cast iron skillet. 3. Arrange the pounded out chicken over the tomatoes, and season with salt and pepper. 4. Spread the pimento cheese equally over each piece of chicken. Top with torn mozzarella and sprinkle evenly with smoked paprika. 5. Transfer skillet to the oven and bake, uncovered, for 30-35 minutes, or until a thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the chicken breast reaches 165 degrees. 6. Once chicken is cooked through, remove the skillet from the oven. 7. For brown and bubbly cheese: Preheat broiler to high and broil chicken 2-3 minutes, checking occasionally to prevent burning. 8. Sprinkle fresh chopped parsley over top, and allow to cool 10-15 minutes before serving.. 9. Serve over rice, pasta couscous, zoodles or with roasted potatoes.
I use my Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread for this recipe, but you could also use your favorite pimento cheese spread.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.