Healthy Greek Chicken Salad with Greek yogurt, Olives and Hummus
This easy, healthy Greek chicken salad with greek yogurt combines juicy cooked chicken breast, creamy hummus, tangy sour cream, tart Kalamata olives and salty Feta for a tasty spin on the classic lunch recipe.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
Want all of the flavors of Greece, all wrapped up into one sandwich? Than this healthy chicken salad with greek yogurt is for you!
With the creamy texture and rich, tangy flavor – you’d find it hard to believe this marvelous Mediterranean mash-up is actually mayo-less!
This flavor-packed, Greek-food-inspired chicken salad could not be easier to pull together. It’s a great way to use up a leftover Rotisserie chicken, and can easily be made ahead for lunches during the week.
What you’ll need to make the Healthy Greek Chicken Salad:
To make the Greek Chicken Salad, you will need:
- You guessed it- chicken! Leftover cooked chicken breast, or leftover rotisserie chicken are great for this, but if you don’t have any leftover, just bake some chicken breast with salt, pepper and olive oil and cool and cube it!
- Kalamata olives. If you MUST sub these, Do Castelvetrano olives, or another quality olive from the olive bar.
- Pepperoncini peppers– straight out of the jar
- Shallot, or scallions
- Fresh parsley
- Garlic, minced
- A little bit of fresh grated cucumber
- Crumbled Feta cheese
- Sour cream, or yogurt
- Your favorite hummus
- Dried dill
- Dried tarragon
- Bread/Wrap/Lettuce of choice
Making the salad
Simply prep the veg/herbs, and mix up the ingredients in a bowl. The serve on your favorite bread, wraps, or even over salad or as a lettuce wrap! So easy, and so so good!
If you make my Greek Chicken Salad with Olives and Hummus, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Greek Chicken Salad with Olives and Hummus
- 2 cups cooked chicken breast, shredded or cut into small cubes
- 1 tbsp Kalamata olives, finely chopped*
- 2 whole Pepperoncini, finely chopped (stems and seeds removed
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped (about a tbsp)*
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup grated cucumber (wring out to remove excess liquid))
- 1/2 cup crumbled Feta cheese*
- the juice of half a lemon
- 1/4 cup sour cream*
- 1/4 cup roasted garlic hummus*
- 1/8 tsp dried dill
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/8 tsp dried tarragon*
- sandwich wraps, bread, or lettuce
- Chop or shred the chicken and add to a medium mixing bowl. 2. Chop olives, pepperoncini, shallot, parsley and mince garlic and add to the bowl with the chicken. 3. Grate the cucumber, and wring out any excess liquid in a bowl or with your hands, add to the bowl along with other ingredients. 4. Add the feta, lemon juice, hummus, dried dill, salt, pepper and dried tarragon. 5. Stir all ingredients until well combined, and serve on bread/wrap/lettuce of choice. I love spinach wraps for this with a little chopped lettuce!
Kalamata olives are ideal here, but Castelvetrano olives could also work here.
If you don’t have shallot, scallions could be subbed in instead for their subtle onion flavor.
I used a Mediterranean blend Feta from Trader Joe’s for this, but any feta you have on hand is great.
You could use Plain or Greek Yogurt in place of the sour cream, or a low fat sour cream for this recipe.
I used roasted garlic hummus for an extra flavor boost, but you could use any hummus you like for this!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.