Southwest Sheet Pan Eggs with Turkey Sausage
Share this recipe!
This healthy and flavor-packed Southwest Sheet Pan Breakfast Bake with Turkey Sausage is an easy and delicious breakfast that’s easy to whip up for family, or a crowd. Customize the protein to your taste and serve with plenty of fresh avocado, tomato, hot sauce and crusty bread or toast for a family-friendly meal you can feel good about!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
The ultimate sheet pan breakfast
This fresh and fun sheet pan breakfast packs great flavor and southwest flair into one sheet pan! The best part? It’s fully customizable to taste! Make it vegan and leave out the eggs, or use a meat alternative such as soy chorizo! Not of fan of turkey sausage? Try using pork breakfast sausage or chorizo. And this sheet pan feeds plenty, so add as many eggs as you like!
Looking for more breakfast ideas?
Why not try my Sweet Potato Breakfast Hash with Feta and Bacon, Huevos Rancheros Skillet with Chorizo, Overnight Sausage Croissant Breakfast Casserole with Leeks, or Ragin’ Cajun Shrimp and Andouille Frittata!
What goes into the sheet pan eggs recipe?
To make this sheet pan breakfast bake, you will need:
- Avocado oil or neutral oil.
- Turkey, chicken, pork or vegan breakfast sausage.
- Bell pepper. Red or yellow.
- An ear of corn.
- Fresh tomatillos, cleaned of husks, and cut into quarters.
- A can of Mexican style hominy, drained and rinsed, dried on paper towels.
- A can of diced green chilis, strained to removed their liquid.
- A medium onion.
- A few cloves of garlic.
- Smoked paprika.
- Dried oregano.
Assembling the sheet pan
Getting this sheet pan breakfast ready to bake could not be easier once you’ve got everything drained, rinsed, sliced and diced. Simply add all the veggies to a bowl with the seasoning and aromatics, and toss to coat with a bit of neutral oil. I like to use avocado oil. Transfer the mixture to a sheet pan sprayed with cookie spray, top with desired sausage, and pop it into a hot preheated oven.
Baking the sheet pan breakfast
You’ll first bake the sheet pan undisturbed for 10 minutes. At this point, you’ll take it out and give everything a quick stir.This helps eve-thing cook and brown evenly. Bake another `10 minutes, then add eggs carefully to the top, and bake an additional 5-7 minutes. Next up garish with avocado and tomatoes, and serve with toast points or crusty bread. A little hot sauce never hurt, either.
Suggestions and Substitutions
Can I use another type of sausage?
Definitely! Some of my favorite subs for the turkey sausage are chicken breakfast sausage, pork chorizo, or pork breakfast sausage. This recipe would also be great with soy chorizo or a meat alternative for a vegetarian or vegan option!
Can I omit or sub the tomatillos?
Sure! I’ve found the dish is great with them and without. You could also sub in some quartered cherry tomatoes, or even canned tomatillos!
Don’t feel like baking the eggs?
If you don’t want to bake the eggs, you could either leave them out entirely, or prepare them separately. The cook time for the rest of the ingredients will stay the same.
Other great hominy recipes
I love to work with canned Mexican style hominy, It has such a great flavor and texture. I always keep a can in my pantry to add to breakfast, soups or stews. Some of my fave hominy recipes on the blog using hominy are Huevos Rancheros Skillet with Chorizo, and my Slow Cooker Mexican Pozole Verde!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Southwest Sheet Pan Eggs with Turkey Sausage
- 2 tbsp avocado oil or neutral oil
- 1/2 lb ground raw turkey breakfast sausage
- 1/2 cup diced bell pepper (red, yellow or combo)
- 1 ear fresh raw corn, cut off cob
- 1/2 cup fresh tomatillos, cleaned and cut into quarters
- 1 35 oz can Mexican style hominy, drained and rinsed, dried on paper towels
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis, strained to removed liquid
- 1 medium onion, diced
- salt and fresh ground. pepper, to taste
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees, and prep the ingredients. 2. Add drained and rinsed hominy, cleaned and cut tomatillos, diced onion, crushed garlic, diced bell peppers, drained chilis, and corn to a large mixing bowl with smoked paprika, dried oregano, salt and pepper to taste, and avocado oil. 3. Toss well to coat. 4. Spray a half sheet pan with cooking spray. 5. Layer the veggie mixture over sheet pan evenly. 6. Layer crumbled raw turkey sausage on top. 7. BaKe for10 minutes. 8. Remove from oven, give a quick stir, and return to oven for another 10 minutes. 9. Crack desired amount of eggs carefully on top, and bake an additional 5-7 miinutes, or until eggs reach desired doneness. 10. Serve family style with toast, avocado slices, and diced tomatoes. Add fresh lime juice and cheese, if desired.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!