Boozy Peppermint Mochas with Crushed Candy Canes
Share this recipe!
If you’re looking for a cozy and delicious holiday cocktail, look no further than these easy Boozy Peppermint Mochas! A rich and flavorful homemade cocoa with vodka, creme de menthe and plenty of whipped cream to warm your spirits!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
Hot chocolate by itself on a cold winter night is reason enough to celebrate. But hot chocolate with booze? Well that’s a party.
For these Boozy Peppermint Mochas, you’ll start by making an easy and delicious homemade hot cocoa, and then end it with plenty of vodka, creme de menthe, whipped cream and crushed candy canes. The result is a warm and spirited cocktail with plenty of festive flair. A great fireplace sipper for the holiday season!
Making the cocoa for the cocktails
To make the quick and easy homemade cocoa for this cocktail, you will need:
- Unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Light brown sugar (plain old sugar will work in a pinch, too).
- A little bit of water.
- Some milk (I like to use nonfat).
- A bit of half and half, for added creaminess.
- a splash of vanilla extract.
- A little squirt of chocolate syrup at the end, for a chocolate flavor boost.
The cocoa comes together in minutes with some simple pantry ingredients! And it s delish!
Adding the booze!
Now here is the fun part. Once your cocoa is hot and ready, you’ll turn off the heat and add the booze. The chocolate syrup and vanilla go in at the end as well.
Just stir everything well to combine right in the saucepan.
Sharing and serving the Boozy Peppermint Mochas
Once your booze is in, it’s time to pour ’em up and serve! Divide the boozy cocoa among 4 heat proof glasses, and top each cocktail with a generous squirt of whipped cream. Sprinkle on some crushed peppermint candy canes, and that’s it! Super simple, super tasty hot cocoa, perfect for any holiday celebration.
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Boozy Peppermint Mochas, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Boozy Peppermint Mochas
- 1/8 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/8 cup water
- 2 cups milk (I used nonfat)
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 oz (2 shots) vodka
- 3 oz (2 shots) creme de menthe
- 1 tbsp chocolate syrup, such as Hershey's
- Whipped cream, for serving
- Peppermint candy canes (crushed), for garnish
- In a small saucepan, heat water, brown sugar and cocoa over medium heat, stirring frequently until smooth and bubbly – about 2 minutes. 2. Reduce heat to medium-low and add the milk and half and half. 3. Cook 3-4 minutes over medium low until hot (do not boil). 4. Turn off the heat and stir in vanilla, vodka, creme de menthe and chocolate syrup. Stir well to combine. 5. Divide among 4 heat proof glasses, such as Irish coffee glasses. 6. Top each cocktail with a generous portion of whipped cream, and sprinkle crushed candy canes over top (to crush candy canes, place candy cane in a ziplock bag and beat with a meat mallet or rolling pin until crushed). Makes 4 cocktails.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!