Cranberry Christmas Mimosas
Share this recipe!
A fun, festive and delicious cocktail that’s great for Christmas morning Brunch, these Cranberry Christmas Mimosas are an easy cocktail for a crowd. Made with fresh cranberry and rosemary simple syrup, and garnished with sugared rosemary and cranberries, these easy mimosas are like Christmas in a glass!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
To me, Christmas morning isn’t complete without a good mimosa, and a hearty breakfast. Every year, I love to celebrate with family and friends over a big breakfast buffet, and a few (or several) mimosas.
And while a classic mimosa is always welcome, these Cranberry Christmas Mimosas bring a little something extra festive to the table. Made with a simple and delicious Cran-Orange-Rosemary Simple Syrup, orange juice and prosecco (or champagne if you prefer)- these cocktails are festive, fruity, and fun. Perfect for any holiday celebration! They would also make a great addition to a Mimosa bar!
Making the simple syrup for the mimosas
To make the quick and easy simple syrup for these Cranberry Christmas Mimosas, you will need:
- Fresh rosemary. I like to pick up a bunch, so I have plenty for garnishing.
- Unsweetened all-natural cranberry juice. Sweetened could work in a pinch, but you need to cook the syrup longer, and reduce the amount of sugar. I prefer the tart bite of unsweetened natural cranberry juice for this. When combined with the sugar it’s the perfect amount of sweet and tart.
- Cane sugar. You could also use plain granulated sugar, or honey.
- 1 strip of peel from one small orange.
To make the syrup, bring the cranberry juice, sugar, rosemary and orange peel to a boil in a small saucepan. Reduce the heat to low, and let everything simmer for 5 minutes. Allow the syrup to cool, and remove the rosemary and orange peel. That’s it! Once cool, store it in a jar or airtight container for up to one week in the fridge!
Tip: If you are expecting a bigger group, or just want to make a ton of mimosas, consider scaling up the syrup recipe!
Garnishing the drinks
To make the drinks extra festive, you’ve gotta have a great garnish! I like to add a sprig of sugared rosemary to each glass, and sprinkle in some fresh cranberries. To make the sugared rosemary, simply moisten the rosemary sprigs or run them under water, then roll in some granulated sugar. It makes them look like snow-kissed Christmas trees!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Cranberry Christmas Mimosas, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Cranberry Christmas Mimosas
Cran-Orange-Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 cup unsweetened all-natural cranberry juice
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 strip of peel from one small orange
Drinks (measurements for single serving)
- 1.5 oz Cran-Orange-Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- prosecco or champagne
- fresh cranberries and rosemary, for garnish
- additional cane sugar, for dipping rosemary
- Make the Cran-Orange-Rosemary Simple Syrup 1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan. 2. Once boiling, reduce to low and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to make sure all sugar dissolves. 3. Allow to cool, then remove rosemary and orange peel and strain into a jar or airtight container. Keeps in refrigerator for 1 week. Make the Mimosas:To each glass, add 1/2 cup orange juice, and1.5 oz (1 shot) simple syrup. Top each glass with Prosecco or champagne. Garnish with fresh cranberries and rosemary and serve!Garnish: If making the sugared rosemary and cranberries- simple moisten the rosemary and cranberries, and dip into a bowl or plate of cane sugar or granulated sugar.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!