This smoky-sweet Holly Jolly Pomegranate Mezcal Christmas Margarita is red, green, and will have your holiday guests singing Feliz Navidad in no time! Made with Mezcal, pomegranate simple syrup, and fresh citrus this Christmas Margarita recipe is always a hit!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Festive and fresh Christmas Margaritas!
Every day is merry with margaritas, but this Holly Jolly Pomegranate Mezcal Margarita gets its festive look and flavor from homemade pomegranate simple syrup. This drink is easy to make for holiday parties and family festivities, with all fresh ingredients!
What goes into the Christmas Margarita recipe?
- 3 oz Mezcal tequila. This is what gives the smoky flavor to the cocktail.
- The juice of 1 lime and half of 1 lemon.
- Some homemade Pomegranate simple syrup (recipe below).
- ¼ cup sugar, for rimming glass (optional, but recommended).
Making the Pomegranate Simple Syrup
To make the syrup, you will need:
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tbsp pomegranate seeds
As I've mentioned in some of my other cocktail recipes, I am a huge fan of simple syrup. You can flavor it any way you like, and use it to really transform any cocktail into something special. And- it's SIMPLE!
The sweet and tart pomegranate flavor of this syrup pairs perfectly with the smoky flavor of mezcal for the ultimate way to get your jollies at this year's holiday party. Make a few for friends, or make a big batch for a crowd!
Want to save this recipe for later?
Made this recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
If you make my Christmas margarita recipe, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Need more holiday cocktail inspo?
Pomegranate Mezcal Christmas Margarita
- 3 oz Mezcal tequila*
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of half a lemon
- 4 tablespoon Pomegranate simple syrup
- ¼ cup sugar, for rimming glass
Pomegranate simple syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoon pomegranate seeds
- Make simple syrup: Add sugar, water, and pomegranate seeds to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over high heat.2. Reduce heat to low and simmer, 30 minutes, until slightly thickened.3. Allow to cool (about 30 minutes), and strain into a an airtight jar or container. Discard pomegranate seeds (makes about ¾ cup).4. Assemble cocktail: To a shaker, add 3 oz (2 shots Mezcal), the juice of 1 lime, the juice of half a lemon, and 4 tablespoon of the pomegranate simple syrup. Shake well. Pour about ¼ cup sugar onto a plate. Wet the edge of a rocks glass, mason jar or margarita glass and sugar the rim of the glass by running the wet rim in the sugar. Fill glass with ice and pour margarita over ice. Garnish with sliced lime and pomegranate seeds, and enjoy!To make a large batch:1. Double the simple syrup recipe (2 cups sugar, 2 cups water, ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds). Follow above directions for simple syrup. 2. Add the juice of 6 limes, the juice of 3 lemons, 18 oz (2 ¼ cups) Mezcal and all of the simple syrup to a large pitcher and whisk or stir well. Serve over ice with garnish.
Mezcal imparts a smoky flavor to this cocktail, but you could swap in silver tequila if you prefer.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.