This dark and mysterious Tequila Moonrise cocktail is a fun and fruity mix of blood orange, rosemary, pomegranate cherry juice and tequila that’s sure to have you howling at the moon.
All photos included in this post by Samantha Hart of Hart Photography.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
A fresh, fun and festive cocktail, this Tequila Moonrise is a surefire way to get the party started. With loads of fresh citrus, tart pomegranate juice and smooth silver tequila- this drink is sure to take you from dusk ’till dawn.
Making the cocktail
To make this richly colored and flavored concoction, you will need:
- Some good Silver tequila
- a few limes
- A large naval orange
- A blood orange
- My quick and easy Rosemary Simple Syrup
- POM Pomegranate & Cherry juice
You’ll start the cocktail by making the rosemary simple syrup. If you’re a Jawns I Cooked regular, you may have noticed I’m a big fan of simple syrups. Why? Because they add an extra flavor boost and burst of sweetness to any cocktail, with pretty minimal effort. Add equal parts sugar and water to a saucepan, and a flavoring component. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cool. And that’s basically it!
For this cocktail, I use fresh rosemary to give the drink an herby quality, but you ca use spices, fruits and more to flavor simple syrups!
Half of the fun of these elegant Tequila Moonrises is in the garnish. I like to garnish each glass with a wheel of blood orange and a handful of fresh pomegranate seeds. And if you’re feeling extra festive, go for a spooky and smoky vibe, and add a smoking sprig or fresh rosemary. Simply light the end with a match or lighter, blow it out, and toss it in your glass for instant appeal!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Tequila Moonrise, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
- 4.5 oz (3 shots) Silver tequila
- the juice of 2 limes
- the juice of 1 large naval orange
- the juice of 1 blood orange
- 4.5 oz (3 shots) rosemary simple syrup
- 1/2 cup pomegranate cherry juice*
- flamed rosemary, blood orange wheel and pomegranate seeds- for garnish
- club soda
Rosemary Simple Syrup
- 1 cup cane sugar*
- 1 cup water
- 1 large rosemary sprig
- Making the Rosemary Simple Syrup 1. Add sugar, water and rosemary to a small saucepan. Bring to boil, then reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 5 minutes stirring to ensure all sugar dissolves. 2. Allow to cool, strain into a container to jar, and discard rosemary. Making the cocktail 1. Add tequila, lime, orange and blood orange juices, rosemary simple syrup and pomegranate cherry juice to a cocktail shaker or large mason jar. 2. Shake well, and pour over ice. 3. Top with club soda if desired, and garnish with flamed rosemary, blood orange wheel and pomegranate seeds. Makes 3-4 drinks.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.