Watermelon Basil Sherbet
This super simple, super summery sherbet made with fresh watermelon and basil is a light, refreshing treat that comes together in minutes with a can of sweetened condensed milk and a high powered blender.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
Watermelon and Basil, a summer love story
Take the juicy, sweet flavor of a perfectly ripe watermelon, add a little basil infused syrup and some sweetened condensed milk to the mix, and you’ve got a perfect summer bite- Watermelon Basil Sherbet.
The touch of herby sweetness the basil brings to the watermelon gives this sherbet a fresh, refreshing flavor to savor on a hot summer day.
Making this sherbet is incredibly easy, and only rehires some minor prep, and some patience while the sherbet freezes to the proper temp for serving.
Making the sherbet
To make my Watermelon Basil Sherbet, you will need:
- 5 cups frozen, seedless watermelon. Just cut it up into cubes, and freeze it for 2-4 hours in an even layer. This can be done in advance, and transferred to freezer-safe bags, or right before you’re ready to blend the sherbet.
- 1 14 oz can of good ol’ sweetened condensed milk from the pantry.
- The juice of 1 lime.
- Some fresh chopped basil leaves.
- 2 tbsp of my basil simple syrup. Bonus? You can also use this syrup to make my Watermelon Basil Mimosas!
To make the sherbet, you’ll add the ingredients to a high powered blender, and blend until smooth. Then transfer the mixture to a loaf pan or airtight container. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap or place the lid on, and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Scoop and serve as desired!
This sherbet is great as it is, or served in a nice waffle cone, or with a dollop of whipped cream.
If you make my Watermelon Basil Sherbet, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Watermelon Basil Sherbet
- high powered blender
- 5 cups frozen seedless watermelon
- 1 14 oz can of sweetened condensed milk
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 tbsp fresh chopped basil leaves
- 2 tbsp basil simple syrup*
Basil Simple Syrup*
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup basil leaves
- 1 cup water
- Chop watermelon into small cubes and freeze for 2-4 hours in a single layer to avoid clumping. Once the watermelon is frozen, you can then transfer it to freezer bags until ready to use, or go right to step 2. 2. Add frozen watermelon, sweetened condensed milk, lime juice, chopped basil and basil simple syrup to a blender. Blend until smooth, and transfer to a loaf pan or airtight container. Wrap tightly with plastic wrap or place lid on, and freeze for at least 4 hours, or overnight. Scoop and serve as desired! *Basil Simple syrup (makes about 1 cup):Bring sugar, water and basil leaves to a boil in a small saucepan. Once boiling, reduce heat to medium and simmer, stirring occasionally for 5 minutes. Turn off the heat and allow to cool completely. Strain cooled syrup into a jar or airtight container and refrigerate. Lasts 2 weeks.
The basil simple syrup recipes originates from my Watermelon Basil Mimosa recipe.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.