Chorizo Chili with Hominy
Share this recipe!
This quick and easy homemade Chorizo Chili with Hominy comes together in a flash with a handful of pantry ingredients, ground pork chorizo, ground beef, and Mexican style hominy!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Looking for more great recipes?
Why not try my Slow Cooker Mexican Pozole, Shrimp Corn Chowder, Shrimp Gumbo with Chicken and Andouille, Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Meatloaf, or Tuna Noodle Casserole with Cheese Tortellini and Egg Noodles!
Quick and easy homemade chili
Classic chili is always a great weeknight meal idea. This Chorizo Chili with Hominy is takes a slight twist in adding flavorful ground chorizo, diced green chilis, and hominy!
What you need to make the chili
To make this delicious and easy chili, you will need:
- Ground raw pork chorizo. You can get this at most grocery stores, sold with and without casings. If buying in casing, remove casing before cooking.
- Ground beef.
- A red bell pepper, a small red onion, and a few cloves of garlic.
- 1 can of diced green chilis.
- A can of Mexican style hominy.
- Canned of light red kidney beans.
- A can of cannelini beans.
- A can of fire roasted diced tomatoes.
- A bit of tomato paste.
- Spices: Smoked paprika, Chili powder, Ground Cumin, Ground Cayenne, and Salt and pepper.
- A can of crushed tomatoes.
- A bit of water.
- A couple tablespoons of olive oil.
The best chorizo chili recipe!
This chorizo chili is packed with flavor, cooks quickly in one pan, and is ready in under 1 hour! All you need to do is prep a few veggies, open a few cans and simmer! Easy peasy.
What to serve with the chorizo chili
This chili goes great with classic chili toppings, like grated cheddar cheese, scallions, and sour cream. A little squirt of lime, some sliced jalapeños, and a dash of hot sauce never hurt either!
I also love a hot buttered piece of fresh baked cornbread on the side. Bon appetit!
Never Miss a Recipe! Sign up today!
Like what you see? Pin this recipe for later!
Chorizo Chili with Hominy
- 1 lb ground pork chorizo
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 medium red bell pepper, diced
- 1 small red onion, diced
- 4 cloves pressed garlic
- 1 4 oz can diced green chilis
- 1 25 oz can Mexican style hominy, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 15.5 oz can canneleni beans, drained and rinsed,
- 1 14.5 oz can fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1/2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 2 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- a dash of cayenne
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- In a large deep pan or skillet over medium heat, sauté onions and peppers in olive oil over for 4-5 minutes, until softened. 2. Add chorizo and beef and season with salt and pepper. 3. Cook, breaking up as you go, until browned- 8-10 minutes. 4. Drain excess fat, if desired. 5. Add the seasonings and garlic, stir to combine. and cook 2 minutes. 6. Add the diced tomatoes, tomato paste, beans, diced chili’s and hominy and stir to combine. 7. Add the crushed tomatoes and water, stir, and cover. 8. Reduce heat to low and simmer 30 minutes. 9. Serve hot with diced scallions, sour cream, and grated cheddar.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!