Prosciutto Melon Salad with Burrata
This Prosciutto Melon Salad with Burrata is as elegant as it is easy- with savory, salty, prosciutto, creamy burrata, sweet cantaloupe, fresh basil and tangy balsamic glaze.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Spring is almost in the air- which has me exiting my comfort food phase, and entering my light, healthy, and colorful summer food phase!
In the spring and summer, my boyfriend and I like to eat a lot of lighter meals, grilled entrees (LOVE cooking outside) and A LOT of salads. Once the temperature goes above 80 degrees, you’ll find me either by the grill, or whipping up a light and simple dinner salad, because- ain’t nobody got time to be sweating the summer away over a hot stove!
This salad is incredibly easy to pull together, and makes for a great easy weeknight dinner, and is a great summer BBQ or brunch side to share!
All you need to do is whip up a quick dressing, prep a little produce, and assemble. It’s hard to believe something so pretty can be done so quickly!
While you could certainly make this salad with cubed or sliced cantaloupe, I think the Melon Baller enables you to make a much prettier presentation. The little melon orbs are the perfect bite, and the bright colored balls of melon make the salad fun and inviting.
I love this Oxo Good Grips Melon Baller. It’s cheap, durable, and easy to clean.
Assembling the Prosciutto Melon Salad with Burrata
To whip up this elegant salad, you will need:
- A bunch of peppery arugula
- Half a shallot, thinly sliced
- A ripe, juicy cantaloupe, and a melon baller
- A few slices of salty, savory prosciutto
- A 4 oz ball of creamy, dreamy burrata cheese
- Plenty of fresh Basil leaves
- Balsamic glaze ( I love Roland)
- Some nice Olive Oil
- Delicious Dijon Mustard (My fav is Grey Poupon Country Dijon)
- A bit of Honey
- A dash of Red Wine Vinegar
- A bit of dried oregano
Just whisk the dressing together, toss it with the arugula and shallots, and top that with the melon, prosciutto, basil, and burrata. drizzle everything with some balsamic glaze and olive oil, and season it with salt and fresh ground black pepper. And that’s it!
Prosciutto Melon Salad with Burrata
- melon baller
- 4 cups baby arugula
- 1/2 medium shallot, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cantaloupe, cut with a melon baller
- 4 slices prosciutto, torn into smaller pieces
- 4 oz buratta, torn into small pieces
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
balsamic glaze, for drizzling/serving
- olive oil, for drizzling/serving
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
Dressing for Arugula and Shallots
- 3 tsp
- 2 tsp Country dijon mustard*
- 3 tsp olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp dry oregano
- Cut balls from a ripe cantaloupe with a melon baller until you have 2 full cups. Set aside. 2. Thinly slice shallot, and toss with arugula in a medium bowl. 3. In a small bowl or liquid measuring cup, whisk together all dressing ingredients. Toss with arugula and shallots and transfer to a large serving platter. 4. Top dressed arugula and shallots with cantaloupe, burrata (torn into small pieces), prosciutto and basil leaves. 5. Drizzle over the top with olive oil and balsamic glaze, as desired. 6. Season with salt and fresh ground black pepper, and serve!
I like to use Grey Poupon Country dijon mustard for the dressing, but you can use your favorite dijon and it will be just as good!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.