Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce
Share this recipe!
This rich, decadent 5 ingredient Creamy Italian Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce recipe works great as a sauce for pasta or fish, and is one of the main ingredients in my Crab Topped Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce. This creamy pasta sauce is super easy to make, and a great go to for busy weeknights or special occasions!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
A balanced and versatile Italian roasted red pepper sauce
This creamy pasta sauce is a weeknight hero and a pantry staple wonder. With the help of your trusty food processor or blender, you can enjoy a velvety smooth sauce any day of the week. Not only is this sauce great tossed with your favorite pasta- it’s also great served with baked fish, chicken or even steak!
Looking for more delicious pasta recipes?
Why not try my 5 Cheese Sausage and Spinach Lasagna, Sunday Sauce with Bracciole, Meatballs and Sausage, One Pot Sausage Artichoke Pasta Bake or Cheese Tortellini with Roasted Tomato and Sausage Cream Sauce!
What goes into the Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce?
To make this easy Italian roasted red pepper sauce you will need:
- Fresh garlic.
- Jarred marinated roasted red peppers (include liquid and garlic cloves from jar for extra flavor!).
- Heavy cream.
- Dried basil (and fresh for serving too, if desired).
Making the red pepper sauce
This sauce is ready to go in about 25 minutes, making it a great weeknight dinner hero.
This sauce can be customized to suite your tastes, or easily doubled or tripled if needed! Toss this creamy pasta sauce with any of your favorite noodles, add some grated parmesan and fresh torn basil and dinner is served!
Cooking the sauce
First, you’ll start by blending the jarred roasted red peppers in a food processor or blender, until smooth. It helps if you use some of the marinating liquid from the jar- both for a smooth puree, and a flavor boost.
Once you have your peppers pureed, you’ll melt the butter, and briefly cook the minced fresh garlic until it’s just starting to smell delicious.
Next, add the pureed peppers, and salt and pepper. Cook the peppers a few minutes, until they thicken a bit, and most of the liquid is evaporated.
To finish the sauce, add the dry basil and cream, and cook, stirring occasionally for 6-10 minutes, until the sauce is thickened a bit and velvety.
Serving the Italian roasted red pepper sauce
When finished, it’s ready to serve alongside your favorite protein, or tossed into your favorite pasta!
A great red pepper sauce for fish!
When I wanted a great, rich sauce for my Crab Topped Cod, I reached for the roasted red peppers in my fridge. The sweet, tangy flavor of the marinated roasted red peppers cuts through the richness of the butter and cream for a perfectly balanced flavor! This red pepper cream sauce goes great with any fish! I love it with my Crab Topped Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce.
Additional Serving Suggestions
Whether you’re serving this sauce over a big bowl of penne, of with a great baked cod, you can’t lose.
Serve this sauce over pasta, or with your favorite protein (it’s a great cream sauce for fish!). Add a side salad, a glass of wine, and some good crusty bread. Perfection.
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Creamy Roasted Red Pepper Pasta Sauce, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up now!
Roasted Red Pepper Creamy Pasta Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 cup marinated roasted red peppers, (include some liquid from marinade too)
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed/minced
- salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Puree peppers/garlic and juices from jar in a food processor or blender until smooth. 2. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. 3. Once butter is melted, add fresh crushed garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. 4. Add puréed peppers and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. 5. Add the dried basil and cream, and cook sauce 6-10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Notes:Serve with your favorite pasta, or as a dip or sauce for fish and other proteins! If serving with pasta, transfer cooked pasta into sauce and allow to finish cooking in sauce for best results. Add any pasta water as needed, and finish with plenty of grated parmesan cheese! This recipe makes enough sauce for 1/2 lb pasta.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.