Red Pepper Cream Sauce
This rich, decadent Roasted Red Pepper Cream sauce is one of the main ingredients in my Crab Topped Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce, but also makes a great sauce for pasta.JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
When I wanted a great, rich sauce for my Crab Topped Cod, I reached for the roasted red peppers in my fridge. The sweet, tangy flavor of the marinated roasted red peppers cuts through the richness of the butter and cream for a perfectly balanced sauce that’s just as great with my Crab Topped Cod with Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce as it is with a big bowl of your favorite pasta and some fresh grated parmesan cheese.
Making the sauce
To make my easy Red Pepper Cream Sauce, you will need:
- Fresh garlic.
- Jarred marinated roasted red peppers (include liquid and garlic cloves from jar).
- Heavy cream.
- Dried basil (and fresh for serving too, if desired).
The jarred peppers take a quick trip through your blender or food processor, then get friendly with some butter, garlic, cream and basil and transform into the velvety smooth, fork-licking-good sauce of your dreams.
This sauce is ready to go in about 25 minutes, making it a great weeknight dinner hero.
This sauce couldn’t be easier to make, and can be customized to suite your tastes, or easily doubled or tripled if needed!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Red Pepper Cream Sauce, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Looking for more great dinner ideas? Why not try my 5 Cheese Sausage and Spinach Lasagna, Sunday Sauce with Bracciole, Meatballs and Sausage, One Pot Sausage Artichoke Pasta Bake or Cheese Tortellini with Roasted Tomato and Sausage Cream Sauce
Roasted Red Pepper Cream Sauce
- 2 tbsp butter
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 12 oz jar marinated roasted red peppers (include liquid and garlic cloves from jar)
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 tsp dried basil
- Puree peppers/garlic and juices from jar in a food processor or blender until smooth. 2. In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. 3. Once butter is melted, add fresh crushed garlic and sauté until fragrant, 1 minute. 4. Add puréed peppers, basil and salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook until slightly thickened, stirring occasionally, 2 minutes. 5. Add the cream, stir and reduce to heat to low. Cook sauce 10-15 minutes, until thick and creamy.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.