These easy, healthy and light honey glazed Air Fryer Roasted Baby Carrots are a simple side dish you can make any night of the week. With only 4 ingredients and 20 minutes of cook time, these seasoned, roasted and delicious carrots are a breeze to make!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy Air Fryer Roasted Baby Carrots- ready in 20 minutes
Got a bag of baby carrots and 20 minutes? These 4-ingredient air fryer roasted baby carrots are tossed in a n easy flavorful glaze, then quickly cooked in the air fryer at a high temperature These carrots are an easy, light and delicious side dish for any weeknight.
Prepping the air fryer baby carrots
These easy carrots come together effortlessly, with only 4 ingredients (not counting salt and pepper)! To make the air fryer carrots, you will need:
- A bag of baby carrots. You can also use uniformly cut regular carrots or carrot chips. See below for further instruction.
- Some extra virgin olive oil. If you like, you could sub in melted butter.
- A bit of honey. The honey adds a touch of sweetness, and helps the carrots take on great color.
- Garlic powder, for a little extra flavor boost.
Get the carrots ready for the air fryer by tossing them with honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a mixing bowl, until they are well coated. Be sure they are evenly coated is key for caramelized, well seasoned carrots.
Cooking the carrots
Evenly coat the carrots, and transfer them directly to your air fryer. Spread them out into an even layer, and cook them for 20 minutes. You'll want to give them a quick stir or shake at the halfway point, to make sure they brown evenly.
There is no need to preheat your air fryer- just pop them in for 20 minutes, from start to finish!
Optional herbs for serving
These carrots are great right out of the air fryer. I also like to add a bit of fresh chopped chives or parsley to them right before serving, if I have it on hand. It adds a great little pop of fresh flavor.
Can you use another type of carrot?
If you don't have baby carrots, you can use full size carrots of any variety for this recipe. Just be sure to cut them down to about the size of baby carrots to make sure they cook evenly and quickly. Aim for about 1" thick, and 2" tall.
This recipe would also work well with pre-cut carrot chips or frozen carrots. If using, check them at about 10 minutes to ensure they don't overcook. Carrot chips and frozen carrots may cook up faster than baby carrots.
Can you double the recipe?
I would not recommend this, as it would likely overcrowd the air fryer, and hinder browning and even cooking. If you want to make a large batch, cook them in batches, then warm them through for a few minutes together before serving.
What to serve with the Air fryer honey glazed carrots
These air fryer baby carrots are great alongside almost any main dish. Here are a few of my favorite recipes to pair them with:
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters
- Swedish Meatballs
- French Onion Chicken Meatballs
- Chipotle Cheddar Chicken Meatloaf
- One Pan Fennel Dijon Pork Chops
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Brisket
- Bacon Wrapped Meatloaf with Creamy Baked Bean Gravy
- Parmesan Pretzel Crusted Pork Schnitzel
Tips and Tricks
- Toss them in a bowl with the olive oil, honey and seasoning BEFORE adding to the air fryer. This will ensure the coating stays on your carrots, rather than the bottom of your air fryer.
- Spread the carrots into an even layer, to make sure they cook evenly, and get nice color.
- Don't forget to check on them at the halfway point. This will help them cook evenly, and encourage good browning on all sides.
- Try cutting down rainbow carrots, for a pretty presentation.
- Add herbs to the top, such as parsley or chives, just before serving.
- If you like a softer carrot, cook them a few minutes longer, until your desired texture is reached.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Cheesy Smashed Potatoes.
- Air Fryer Garlic Parmesan Wings.
- Air Fryer Chicken Leg Quarters.
- Croutons in the Air Fryer.
- Turkey Bacon Grilled Cheese with Arugula, Roasted Red Peppers and Garlic Mayo.
- Air Fryer Breakfast Taquitos.
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Air Fryer Baby Carrots
- air fryer
- 1 lb bag of baby carrots
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1. Toss the carrots in a medium/large mixing bowl with honey, olive oil, garlic powder, salt and pepper, until they are well coated. 2. Transfer the coated carrots to the air fryer, and spread them out into an even layer. 3. Turn air fryer on 400 degrees, and cook the carrots for 20 minutes, checking halfway and shaking or stirring to ensure even browning. 4. Transfer cooked carrots to a serving platter, and sprinkle with fresh chopped chives or parsley, if desired.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.