This quick, easy, crunchy and delicious Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Recipe comes together from start to finish in under 15 minutes, for a tasty side you can make entirely on your sheet pan!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
The perfect side dish for just about any meal, this Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crusted Asparagus recipe is a quick and simple, yet flavorful and delicious addition to any dinner.
This tender asparagus with a crispy, cheesy topping goes great with chicken, fish, beef or pork, and cooks to crispy perfection in under 15 minutes! The golden brown topping really takes this simple veggie side dish to the next level.
Made with simple ingredients like panko breadcrumbs, fresh lemon, and parmesan cheese, all right on the sheet pan- this easy dinner side takes roasted asparagus to a new level of tasty!
This delicious side dish is way healthier than a side of french fries, and asparagus is a good source of fiber, so it's better for you all around! This is my absolute favorite way to cook asparagus, and takes mere minutes of prep for the perfect asparagus!
- Fresh asparagus spears, cleaned, rough edges trimmed. You can either trim off the woody ends, or snap them by hand where the stem gives. The bottom of the stalk is fibrous and chewy, so you'll want to remove it. I also recommend thin asparagus for best flavor and texture.
- The zest of ½ lemon. You can use the rest as wedges for serving.
- 6 cloves garlic, minced. I prefer to use fresh garlic rather than jarred for this recipe.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Panko bread crumbs. Panko has a light and airy texture, and comes out extra crispy even with the short cooking time.
- Fresh grated parmesano-reggiano cheese, or parmesan cheese.
- Fresh ground black pepper. I do not add salt to this recipe, as the cheese is fairly salty.
- Crushed red pepper flakes.
- Lemon wedges, for serving. The little burst of fresh lemon juice when serving gives the asparagus a bright fresh flavor.
- Cooking spray or oil, for greasing the sheet pan. (see recipe card below for ingredient breakdown).
How to make this easy parmesan crusted asparagus recipe
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Spray a large sheet pan with cooing spray.
- Clean and trim the asparagus, and place on the sheet pan.
- Add remaining ingredients, and toss to coat. (alternatively, you can add all ingredients to a plastic bag, shake well, and go to step 5).
- Arrange the asparagus in a single layer, and collect seasoned panko mixture, and layer over top of the asparagus.
- Roast in a preheated oven for 10-12 minutes on the top rack of the oven, until asparagus is tender and breadcrumb mixture is golden brown. The high heat helps this recipe cook up quickly!
- Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
Serving the Parmesan Crusted Asparagus
This parmesan asparagus recipe is best served hot and ready from the oven for best taste and texture. You can optionally serve with with fresh lemon wedges to squeeze over top for a little extra zing. Let your guest do this as the are served to maintain the crispness of the panko parmesan topping.
Substitutions and Additions
This easy side dish can easily be adapted to work with what you have on hand. Here are some different ways you can make to work with what you have on hand, or adjust the healthy side dish to your personal tastes!
- Try garlic powder in a pinch instead of fresh garlic. For this recipe, I would recommend 1 tsp.
- Use melted butter or avocado oil in place of the olive oil.
- Not a huge garlic fan? Feel free to leave it out!
- Not into spicy? Remove the crushed red pepper flakes, and try some fresh or dried chives or Italian seasoning instead.
What goes well with Parmesan Crusted Asparagus?
This Parmesan Crusted Asparagus goes great with just about any main dish. Here are a few great ideas to serve with it:
- One Pan Fennel Dijon Pork Chops
- Air Fryer Chicken Quarters
- 30 Minute Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken with Tomato Artichoke Pan Sauce
- Lemon Dill Salmon
- Oven Baked Cod with Crab Topping
- Slow Cooker Balsamic Brisket
Oven Roasted Garlic Parmesan Crusted Asparagus Recipe
- sheet pan
- cooking spray
- 1 lb fresh asparagus, cleaned, rough edges trimmed
- the zest of ½ lemon
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- ¼ cup fresh grated parmesano-reggiano cheese
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- lemon wedges, for serving
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 2. Spray a large sheet pan with cooing spray 3. Clean and trim the asparagus, and place on the sheet pan. 4. Add remaining ingredients, and toss to coat. 5. Layer asparagus in an even row, and collect seasoned breadcrumb mixture, and layer over top of asparagus. 6. Roast for 10-12 minutes on the top rack of the oven, until asparagus is tender and breadcrumb mixture is golden brown. 7. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.