These Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Goat Cheese are sweet, buttery, creamy- and guaranteed to upstage the main dish at any dinner table. Ready in 35 minutes, these Glazed carrots and parsnips never disappoint!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and delicious Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Goat Cheese
I love the combination of nutty, earthy parsnips and sweet, delicious carrots- the flavors are so complimentary!
For this recipe, simple sheet pan roasted carrots and parsnips are kicked up a notch by tossing the tender, browned veggies in a quick and easy honey and thyme butter. To up the ante on the flavor even further-they are topped with goat cheese just before serving.They are a perfectly balanced sweet, salty and savory side that goes great with any main- from chicken to pork loin.
What goes into the Honey roasted carrots and parsnips?
To make these roasted vegies, you will need:
- You'll need about 4 medium sized parsnips, and 4 larger carrots. Cut these into uniform strips to make sure they cook evenly.
- Olive oil, to coat the carrots and parsnips, and promote browning while roasting.
- Garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, for seasoning the veggies.
- Butter, fresh thyme and honey, to coat the finished veggies.
- Crumbled goat cheese, to top the final dish.
Prepping for roasting
Slice the carrots and parsnips into uniform strips, toss them in a bit of olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder and roast them in a hot, 425 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes. You can do this all right on the baking sheet for less cleanup!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
When the carrots and parsnips are roasted, melt the butter with the thyme and honey until it's nice and bubbly. Toss the veggies in the hot butter and top them with the crumbled goat cheese. Easy and delicious!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Looking for more great side dishes?
Try one of these great sides!
- Browned Butter Boursin Mashed Potatoes
- Skillet Mac and Cheese with Cheez it Crust
- Smoked Oyster Stuffing with Mushrooms
- Scalloped Sweet Potatoes with Smoked Gouda and Rosemary
- Sourdough Stuffing with Bacon and Kielbasa
- Bacon and Brussels Sprout Skillet
- Butternut Squash Mac and Cheese with Caramelized Onion
Made this Honey roasted carrots and parsnips recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
Honey Glazed Roasted Carrots and Parsnips with Goat Cheese
- 4 parsnips, cut into even strips
- 4 carrots, cut into even strips
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ¼ cup (2 oz) crumbled goat cheese
- 4 tablespoon butter
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. 2. Wash and peel carrots and parsnips, and cut into uniform strips. 3. Place on a sheet pan, and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, garlic powder and onion powder. Roast for 30-35 minutes , tossing halfway through, until tender/easily pierced with a fork. Once tender, remove from oven and set aside. 4. In a small saucepan over low heat- melt butter with thyme sprigs and honey. Stir until melted and bubbly, about 5 minutes. 5. Discard thyme sprigs and pour butter mixture over vegetables, and toss to coat. Sprinkle top of hot vegetables with crumbled goat cheese and serve.
You could do all carrots or all parsnips if you like!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.