Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings
Share this recipe!
These easy, no-fry Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings are an irresistible, buttery and cheesy finger food great for snacking! The crunchy Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan “Wings” are first dredged in a seasoned panko mixture, then coated in a garlic butter for the ultimate vegetarian wing experience!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and delicious Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower “Wings”
You could put garlic and parmesan cheese on pretty much anything and I’d eat it. It’s just such a good flavor combo. For these baked Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Bites, I’ve combined a lightly moistened seasoned and cheesy breading with a butter and garlic after-oven coating for a deliciously simple vegetarian appetizer.
Ingredients for the wings:
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed, cut into florets. You can also use pre-cut fresh cauliflower florets for this recipe!
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs. Go for unseasoned, since you will be seasoning the mixture and adding cheese. I prefer Panko for this recipe, as it is lighter, and makes for a crispier wing.
- 3 tbsp olive oil. This will moisten the breadcrumb mixture, helping it to brown in the oven.
- 2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes, for a bit of heat.
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese.
- Sea salt and fresh ground pepper.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour.
- 2 beaten eggs.
- 1/2 cup milk.
- Cooking spray or parchment paper, for preparing the sheet pans for roasting/for easy cleanup.
- 4 tbsp melted butter and 2 cloves minced garlic, for drizzling over the roasted wings.
Breading the Cauliflower Wings
To make the breading for these lightened up Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan Wings, you will need:
- Panko breadcrumbs. Skip the regular, coarsely ground variety for this recipe. Panko has better texture and crunch.
- Olive oil, for moistening the breadcrumb mixture, and even browning.
- Spices: Garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt and fresh ground black pepper.
- Plenty of grated parmesan cheese.
To bread the cauliflower, you’ll start by combining the ingredients above. First by combining the dry ingredients, then adding the oil and mixing well to moisten the breadcrumb mixture. This will add flavor, and help the cauliflower to brown in the oven.
Once the breadcrumb mixture is ready, you’ll dredge the cauliflower. First by coating evenly with flour, then in egg and milk, and then in the seasoned breadcrumb coating. To get a nice, crunchy exterior- I recommend firmly but gently squeezing the breadcrumb mixture around the cauliflower with your hands, pressing it to adhere.
Baking/Roasting the Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings
As you bread the cauliflower, transfer it to 1-2 baking sheets coated with non stick cooking spray (or lined with parchment paper). Once all cauliflower florets are breaded, transfer to a preheated oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
Once they are hot and ready, drizzle the warm garlic butter over the wings.
What to serve with the Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings
These cauliflower bites are great as-is, but also pair really well with ranch dressing or blue cheese! I love to serve them with my Easy Healthy Greek Yogurt Ranch!
Storing and reheating leftovers
To store any leftovers, transfer them to an airtight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 4 days. To reheat, you can air fry at 350 degrees for about 5 minutes, or reheat in the oven at 350 degrees for about 15 minutes until warmed through.
Made this Roasted Cauliflower Parmesan Wings recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
If you make my Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower Wings
- 1 head cauliflower, core removed, cut into florets
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- cooking spray or parchment paper
- 4 tbsp melted butter
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees. 2. Clean and cut the cauliflower into individual florets. 3. Add the panko breadcrumbs, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, salt, pepper and parmesan cheese to a large bowl and mix together with a fork until well combined. Add the olive oil and mix well until breadcrumb mixture is moistened. 4. Set up a dredging station: Add flour to a large bowl. Whisk eggs and milk together in a smaller bowl. Set bowl with breadcrumb mixture last. 5. Get your baking sheets ready by spraying them with cooking spray, or lining with parchment, and set them aside. 6. One at a time, dredge the cauliflower in flour, shake/tap off excess, then coat in the egg/milk and allow any excess to run off. Toss in breadcrumb mixture, and squeeze gently in your hand to help breadcrumbs adhere in a thick layer. Repeat until all cauliflower is coated, and transfer to prepared baking sheets as you go. 7. Once all florets are breaded, transfer baking sheets to the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping halfway through, until golden brown. 8. Once cauliflower is baked, melt the butter and whisk together with minced garlic. Drizzle the garlic butter evenly over the baked cauliflower wings. 9. Serve cauliflower warm with ranch or blue cheese for dipping!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.