Crispy Air Fryer Salmon
Share this recipe!
This easy and delicious Salmon air fryer recipe is ready from start to finish in 15 minutes! Coated in a honey, garlic and dijon glaze and coated in crispy seasoned panko- this Crispy Air Fryer Salmon is a delicious meal you can make any night of the week with simple ingredients! Cooking salmon in air fryer is a great way to make an easy meal any night!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and delicious weeknight Air Fryer Salmon!
This is HANDS DOWN my favorite way to enjoy Salmon, and I make it in my house about once a week. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and less than 5 minutes of prep work, and you have perfectly cooked, succulent salmon with a tangy honey mustard glaze and crispy Panko topping. Whip up a quick side salad while it’s cooking, and bam- dinner is served!
What goes into this Salmon air fryer recipe?
To make this Air Fried Salmon, you will need:
- One salmon filet. You can use skin on or skinless. You can also use farmed or wild caught. This recipe calls for a 1 lb filet, but it is easily scaled up or down.
- Dijon mustard, such as Grey Poupon.
- 2 cloves minced garlic. You could also try a bit of jarred, about 2 tsp- I won’t tell!
- Panko breadcrumbs. These are light and airy. I would not recommend using plain breadcrumbs, as they could be pretty dense and thick.
- 1 tsp dried parsley, or 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley.
- The zest of 1 lemon. Save the lemon for serving alongside the finished salmon, and squeezing over top!
- 2 tsp olive oil, for moistening the bread crumb mixture. This helps it get nice and golden.
- 2 tbsp butter, cut into 4 equal pats. This step is optional, but makes for an extra moist and crispy salmon.
Choosing your salmon
You can use fresh or frozen salmon for this recipe. You can also use farmed or wild caught. It’s up to your preference! If using a frozen filet, make sure you fully thaw it prior to air frying.
I am also mildly obsessed with this Duck Trap Lightly Smoked Fresh Atlantic Salmon, if you happen to come across it- I HIGHLY recommend.
Glazing the salmon
To glaze the salmon, mix together the honey, dijon mustard and minced garlic in a small bowl until well combined. Spoon over brush it evenly over the whole filet(s).
Adding the Panko topping
Once the salmon is glazed, coat it evenly in the Panko breadcrumb topping. To make the topping, mix the breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and olive oil in a small bowl with a fork until well combined.
Air frying the salmon
Cooking this salmon in the air fryer is a breeze. Once it’s glazed and coated in the moistened bread crumb mixture, top it off with some pats of butter, and air fry it at 380 degrees for 12-14 minutes. Once the thickest part of the salmon registers at 125, you are good to go! If you like your salmon a little more well done, go the full 14 minutes. The cooking time can vary a bit, so be sure to check the internal temp. Another good indicator the salmon is done is an opaque look to the flesh.
How will I know the salmon is done?
Farmed salmon is perfect with an internal temperature read of 125 degrees on your meat thermometer. Wild caught is typically leaner, and best at about 120 degrees. I prefer a moist and tender salmon, so I aim for an internal temperature of about 125 at the thickest part of the salmon. If you prefer a firmer salmon, go to about 145 degrees.
What to eat with salmon
This salmon dish goes with just about any side dish, but here are a few great ones to try! Don’t forget a little squirt of fresh lemon juice over the salmon just before serving!
Rosemary Air Fryer Baby Potatoes
Kale Crunch Salad with Strawberries and Feta
Butter Lettuce Salad with Avocado and Dion Dressing
Cucumber Feta Salad with Zaatar Dressing
Microwave Creamy Chipotle Smashed Sweet Potatoes
Spicy Zucchini and Carrot Skillet
Tips for perfect Air Fryer Salmon, every time
- Choose a fresh, even Salmon filet. You can use wild caught or farmed. If using frozen salmon, be sure to thaw it fully before air frying.
- Don’t pre-heat the air fryer! Just get it all prepped, and cook it for 12-14 minutes! It’s easier, and keeps the salmon super moist and flavorful.
- Use good quality Dijon mustard, such as Grey Poupon.
- If you aren’t averse to it, choose a salmon filet with the skin on. Air fryer salmon with skin is great because the skin helps to keep the filets moist. If you are a skin hater, remember the meat comes right off when you serve it! Just be sure to cook it skin side down.
- If possible, choose a large filet and cook it whole, then portion it out once it’s cooked. You can easily scale this recipe up or down, but the cooking time will remain the same.
- Once the salmon is at your desired temperature at the thickest part of the salmon, pull it right out of the air fryer to prevent over cooking.
Can I use a larger piece of salmon for this recipe?
This recipe calls for a 1 pound salmon filet. You can use as large a piece as will fit in your air fryer. If using a larger piece of salmon, be sure to adjust the honey mustard glaze and Panko topping accordingly. For example, if doing a 2 pound salmon filet, double both the glaze and the panko, as well as the amount of butter you top it with.
Tools for this air fryer salmon
A good zester, such as a Microplane.
A garlic press. I love this one from Ikea, and have had it for YEARS.
An air fryer (obviously). I Love my Cosori.
Leftovers and storage
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 days. The leftovers are great as is briefly reheated, or served over a salad or as part of a rice bowl.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Made this salmon air fryer recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
Crispy Air Fryer Salmon
- air fryer
- 1 lb salmon filet
- 1/2 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried parsley, or 1 tbsp fresh chopped parsley
- the zest of 1 small lemon
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- lemon wedges (optional) for serving
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the minced garlic, honey and dijon mustard until well combined. 2. In another small bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs, lemon zest, parsley and olive oil with a fork until breadcrumbs are well moistened. 3. Using a brush or spoon, coat the salmon with honey glaze. 4. Cover the salmon in an even layer of the Panko breadcrumb mixture. 5. Transfer the Salmon carefully to your air fryer basket. 6. Top the salmon evenly with pats of butter. 7. Air fry at 380 degrees for 12-14 minutes, until thickest part of salmon reaches 125 degrees. 8. Serve with lemon wedges.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.