Roasted Stuffed Roma Tomatoes
Share this recipe!
These super simple Roasted Stuffed Roma Tomatoes are stuffed with a simple herb, parmesan and panko filling, then briefly baked for an easy vegetarian appetizer everyone will love. Use up those garden tomatoes with ease with these simple roasted Romas!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Looking for more fun recipe ideas?
Stuffed tomatoes- an easy appetizer or side dish
If you love tomatoes like me, you’re going to love these Roasted Stuffed Roma Tomatoes! Made with fresh Roma tomatoes and a simple herb-infused breadcrumb and cheese filling, these roasty and delicious tomatoes are soft j the outside, crunchy on the inside, and oh so delicious!
Every year around this time, my garden is overrun with tons of Roma tomatoes, so this dish is a great way to use them up!
What you’ll need for the stuffed Roma tomato recipe
To make these simple and delicious stuffed tomatoes, you will need:
- 10-12 small to medium Roma tomatoes.
- Panko breadcrumbs.
- Scallions (AKA green onions).
- Fresh thyme.
- Grated parmesan cheese.
- Olive oil,
- Garlic powder.
- Crushed red pepper flakes.
Preparing the Roma tomatoes for stuffing
To get the tomatoes read to stuff, you’ll slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and pulp from the center of each with a spoon. Rinse if needed to remove any stubborn seeds.
Baking the stuffed tomatoes
To bake, prepare the filling in a medium mixing bowl, then divide evenly into each tomato. When all tomatoes are filled, drizzle the stuffed tomatoes generously with olive oil. Bake in a preheated oven for 30 minutes, until the stuffing is nice and golden brown, and the tomatoes are soft and roasted.
Serving the roasted stuffed tomatoes
Serve the finished tomatoes warm, as an appetizer, ot as a side dish to any Italian meal! I love to serve these tomatoes with a nice garden salad and some pasta or grilled steak.
Roasted Stuffed Roma Tomatoes
- 10-12 small to medium Roma tomatoes
- 1 cup plain Panko breadcrumbs
- 3 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Spray a large ceramic or metal baking dish with cooking spray. 3. Slice the tomatoes in half lengthwise, and remove the seeds and pulp from the center of each with a spoon. Discard seeds and pulp. 4. Lay the tomatoes cut side up in the prepared baking dish. 5. Mix together breadcrumbs, scallions, thyme, parmesan cheese, olive oil, garlic powder and crushed red pepper flakes in a medium bowl. 6. Spoon the breadcrumb filling into each tomato. 7. Drizzle stuffed tomatoes with olive oil. 8. Bake for 30 minutes.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!