Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pockets
Share this recipe!
These super easy and delicious Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pockets come together in about 30 minutes! Made with store bought biscuit dough, and packed with ham, cheese, and parmesan spinach- these are sure to be a hit at your breakfast table!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
Growing up, my mom always made these easy and delicious spinach and egg sandwiches on long rolls with frozen spinach, scrambled eggs, and plenty of parmesan cheese. The combo is so simple, yet so delicious, and is still one of my favorite breakfasts to this day.
For these Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pockets, I combine that childhood fav with some pan-crisped deli ham and melty provolone cheese, and nestle it all into a crisp and light pocket made from store bought biscuit dough. The result is a crispy, little pocket of breakfast heaven that’s on the table in about 30 minutes!
Prepping the pocket filling
Making the filling for these breakfast pockets couldn’t be easier. Just crisp up some deli ham in a bit of butter (trust me on this-so much flavor!), and then sautés the spinach in a bit of olive oil in the same pan. Add the parmesan cheese to the spinach, and let the ham and spinach/eggs mixture cool while you prep the dough for the pockets.
Preparing the pockets
This recipe yields 8 large breakfast pockets, and uses one can of jumbo biscuits. To make each pocket- simply roll each biscuit to about 6″ in circumference. You want the dough to be large enough that a folded slice of cheese sits comfortably on one half of the dough, with about a 1/4″ edge around the outside, so that it’s easy to seal.
Transfer all of the rolled out dough to parchment lined baking sheets. Once all the dough is rolled out, it’s time to stuff the pockets!
Layer a folded slice of provolone cheese, a rolled slice of crisped ham, and about a heaping tbsp of the egg mixture onto half of the rolled dough.
Fold the dough up and over the filling, and press to seal, then crimp the edges of the pockets with a fork to ensure they don’t open up in the oven.
Coating the pockets for a crisp crust
Once all the pockets are sealed, brush them all liberally with beaten egg, and sprinkle them lightly with coarse sea salt. This gives them a golden, crunchy exterior.
This recipe yields some BIG pockets, so I recommend cutting them in half to serve a crowd (also- it’s pretty). I like to serve them with hot sauce on the side, but if ketchup is your thing- do you. These are great just as they are as well.
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pockets, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Green Eggs and Ham Breakfast Pockets
- 8 slices provolone cheese
- 1 16 oz can jumbo biscuits
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 8 slices deli ham (about 1/2 lb)*
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 cup frozen chopped spinach
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 beaten egg, for brushing pockets
- coarse kosher salt, for sprinkling onto pockets
- Melt 2 tbsp of butter in a large frying pan over medium heat. 2. Once butter is melted, layer ham slices in single layer (overlapping is ok) and crisp 2 minutes a side. Remove from the pan, and transfer to a plate to cool. 3. Add olive oil to the pan over medium heat, and add frozen spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Cook spinach, stirring occasionally, until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes. 4. Add beaten eggs, and cook, stirring frequently until eggs are just set, 2-3 minutes. 5. Add parmesan cheese and toss to combine. Turn off heat and allow to cool. 6. While ham and eggs cool, prepare the biscuit dough, and preheat oven to 350 degrees. 7. On a work surface or large board, roll biscuit dough, turning as you go to retain it’s circular shape, until about it is flat, and about 6” in diameter. 8. Transfer rolled dough to parchment lined baking sheets. 9. Once all dough is rolled, fold each slice of provolone in half and place on half of dough, leaving a small edge. Roll up each slice of ham, and place on top of folded cheese. 10. Spoon egg mixture on top of ham (about a heaping tbsp per pocket). 11. Pull dough up and over the eggs, ham and cheese, and press each pocket to seal. 12. Crimp the edges of the pockets with a fork to secure. 13. Brush each pocket with beaten egg, and lightly sprinkle with coarse sea salt. 14. Bake 12-14 mins until golden brown.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!