Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese
This super simple Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese is easy to make, and tastes way better than any store bought veggie cream cheese!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
What better way to get your veggies than infusing them into a silky, flavorful cream cheese spread, and then slathering that all over your favorite toasted bagel?
One of the easiest recipes on my blog is this super simple Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese. And while it could not be easier to make, it is unmistakably delicious.
This herby, veggie-full cream cheese spread taste’s great on everything from chopped veggies to bagels, and beyond.
Making the homemade veggie cream cheese:
To make my homemade veggie cream cheese, you will need:
- A block of softened cream cheese, or Neufchâtel cheese
- Finely chopped red bell pepper, or mini sweet red pepper
- A little bit of grated carrot
- Some chopped fresh chives
- A bit of chopped parsley leaves
- Some chopped celery leaves
- A little bit of minced garlic (fresh or jarred)
- Onion soup mix
All you need to do to make my Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese is chop up the herbs and veggies (with the exception of the carrot, which is shredded) and toss them in a bowl with the softened cream cheese and a bit of dry onion soup mix. Toss well to combine, and voila- you’ve got a delicious, homemade cream cheese spread!
I like to leave the cream cheese out on the counter to soften for about 30 minutes to an hour, to make it easier on myself when it comes time to combine the ingredients.
Serving suggestions for the veggie cream cheese
Of course, my number one use for this cream cheese is spreading it onto a toasty, chewy bagel- but it’s also great on other things!
Try my veggie cream cheese spread on crackers, as a dip for veggies or pretzels for a great mid-day snack, or use it as a spread for the base of a great sandwich. It would also be a great compliment to some smoked salmon lox piled high on a bagel with capers and thinly sliced red onion.
What to do with the leftover onion soup packet
So- I’ve asked you to open a full packet of onion soup mix, and now you’ve got a whole bunch left. Whatever will you do with it? Well..
- Add it to gravy or sauce for an extra flavor boost
- Throw some in with your slow-cooked pot roast
- Stir it into sour cream or yogurt for a great dip
If you make my Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Homemade Veggie Cream Cheese
- 1 8 oz block of cream cheese, softened*
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely chopped*
- 2 tbsp grated carrot
- 2 tsp chopped fresh chives
- 2 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tsp finely chopped celery leaves
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic*
- 1 tsp onion soup mix powder
- Chop herbs and veggies as specified in ingredients list, and add to a medium mixing bowl with softened cream cheese (leave cream cheese out on counter for 30 minutes to an hour). Stir to combine until all ingredients are well incorporated. Serve immediately, or transfer to an airtight container and refrigerate up to 5 days.
Neufchâtel cheese could be used in place of cream cheese.
Either red bell pepper or mini sweet red pepper can be used for this recipe.
Fresh or jarred garlic both work for this recipe!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.