These quick and easy Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins with Asparagus and Pesto are a great make-ahead breakfast! A low-carb breakfast option that all comes together in a muffin tin, these light egg bites are always a hit! Make ahead for breakfast for the week, or freeze for later!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and Delicious Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins!
Flavor packed, low carb and hassle-free, these Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins are one of my favorite recipes to make in prep for busy weekdays. Make these omelet cups in advance and keep them in the fridge or freezer for when you want a healthy and filling breakfast, but are short on time.
Add any flavors you want for a great on-the-go breakfast that's done in about 30 minutes!
Making the Omelet Cups
To make these easy and delicious Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins with Asparagus and Pesto, you will need:
- Turkey bacon, such as Godshall's.
- 10 large eggs.
- Jarred prepared pesto.
- Olive oil.
- Fresh asparagus (optional).
- Shredded Italian blend cheese or mozzarella cheese.
To make the omelet cups, you'll start by greasing the muffin tin with cooking spray. Next up, add the turkey bacon to the tins, forming a ring. Briefly cook the asparagus (is using), then whisk the eggs, pesto and cheese together, and pour into the center of the turkey bacon rings.
Bake for 15-20 minutes- and breakfast is DONE!
Not a fan of asparagus? No problem!
If you're not feeling the asparagus addition, or simply don't have it on hand- you can leave it out! Some other great additions are:
- Thinly sliced scallions
- sautéed onions
- bell peppers
Muffin tin eggs - the ultimate on-the-go breakfast!
Not only are these omelet cups easy, they are super fast, and customizable to your tastes. A great grab and go recipe you can have at the ready, these egg muffins also freeze very well. Just thaw overnight or microwave right from the freezer for about a minute, and you've got a low-carb breakfast at the ready.
What kind of turkey bacon should I use?
You can use any turkey bacon you like! My favorite is Godshall's! You could also sub in strips of ham, or pork bacon. If using regular pork bacon- I'd recommend cooking it partially first, then draining it on paper towels before adding to the muffin tin. Center cut bacon is a bit leaner, and a great option as well!
Never Miss a Recipe! Sign Up Today!
Turkey Bacon and Egg Muffins with Asparagus and Pesto
- cooking spray
- muffin tin
- 12 strips turkey bacon
- 10 large eggs
- 2 tablespoon jarred prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small bunch of asparagus, cut into bite size pieces , (rough stems removed)
- 1 cup shredded Italian blend cheese
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. Spray as 12-cup muffin tin liberally with cooking spray. 3. Add slice of turkey bacon to eat cup, forming an overlapping ring. 4. Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large frying pan. 5. Add the chopped asparagus, and season with salt and pepper. 6. Cook 5-6 minutes, moving around until softened slightly and lightly browned. 7. Transfer cooked asparagus to the cupcake tin with the turkey bacon. Distribute evenly into each cup. 8. Whisk eggs, pesto and cheese together in a large bowl, and distribute evenly into cups. 9. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until eggs are set. 10. Eat right away, refrigerate for 3 days, or cool and freeze for up to 2 months!
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.