Cucumber Melon Wine Spritzers
A simple and refreshing summer sipper, these Cucumber Melon Wine Spritzers are ready in a flash with just a few simple ingredients, and your handy-dandy blender!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
For me, summertime is a time for fresh, fruity cocktails, best enjoyed by a pool, with some great tunes playing.
This Cucumber Melon Wine Spritzer definitely fits the bill- with freshly blended cantaloupe and cucumber juice and zesty lemon. Mix that juice up with your favorite white wine and top it with some seltzer, and you’ve got yourself a summer sipper worthy of your next pool party or ladies’ brunch.
Preparing and assembling the cocktail
This drink couldn’t be easier to make, which also makes it ideal for that summertime day-load.
Simply cut up some cantaloupe and cucumbers, and discard any pesky seeds. Throw the cut up fruit and veg into a blender with the juice of 1 lemon, and blend the hell out of it until it’s nice and smooth.
Pour the mixture through a fine mesh sieve or strainer to eliminate any chunky bits, and pour it into 2 cocktail glasses filled with ice.
Top each drink with some wine, stir, and top with seltzer. Add some fresh lemon and cucumber slices, and you’re ready to go! Cheers!
If you make my Cucumber Melon Wine Spritzers, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Cucumber Melon Wine Spritzers
- fine mesh sieve or strainer
- 3 cups roughly chopped fresh cantaloupe
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 1/2 tbsp simple syrup*
- 1 peeled Persian cucumber or 1/2 small cucumber halved and seeded, and chopped into small pieces*
- 1 cup white wine*
- seltzer water
- Lemon and cucumber slices, for garnish
- Add the chopped cantaloupe, cucumber, simple syrup, and lemon juice to a blender. Purée until smooth. 2. Strain the juice from the blender into a medium bowl or container through a fine mesh sieve to remove any chunks/grit. (make about 1 cup) 3. Fill 2 glasses with ice, and divide juice between the 2 glasses. 4. Pour 1/2 cup of white wine into each glass, and stir. 5. Top each cocktail with seltzer, and garnish with lemon and cucumber slices.
If you don’t have simple syrup on hand, it is super easy to make! Just combine equal parts sugar and water in a medium saucepan over medium heat, and cook, stirring frequently, until sugar is full dissolved. Cool and use immediately or store in an airtight container for weeks in the fridge!
I used a small/Persian cucumber for this recipe, but any cucumber will do. I’d say about a half a small cucumber, or 1/4 of an English seedless cucumber. We’re looking for about 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup chopped cucumber.
I used Riesling for this recipe, but any of your favorite white wines would work, or even a Rosé.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.