This simple and refreshing White Wine Sangria recipe with Orange and Strawberry is made with fresh strawberries, orange, and fresh squeezed orange juice. It’s just sweet enough, with a citrus burst from fresh orange juice! This sangria is perfect for sipping on in summertime for outdoor get togethers and parties!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Simple, fast and delicious white wine sangria
If you're looking for a fast, refreshing drink for a hot summer night- this White Wine Sangria recipe with Orange and Strawberry has you covered. With a few simple ingredients and minimal prep- this rum sangria is ready in mere minutes! It's also super easy to scale up for parties!
I like to make a batch of this up the night before a barbecue or brunch and stick it in the fridge, to allow the flavors to really meld.
What goes into the orange and strawberry sangria?
To make this super simple and tasty white wine sangria, you will need:
- A bottle of chilled Sauvignon Blanc. You can use another white wine here, but I'd steer clear of Moscato, as it is VERY sweet.
- ½ cup White rum, such as Bacardi.
- ½ cup Grand Marnier.
- 1 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice. I've used both Cara Cara oranges and Naval oranges, and both are delish!
- Thinly sliced orange.
- Some sliced fresh strawberries.
- 1 tablespoon Grenadine syrup.
Need more cocktail inspiration?
What's the best white wine for sangria?
For general white wine drinking, as well as sangria, I am partial to Sauvignon Blanc. It's highly drinkable, agreeable to most, and was called "the world's most reliably good white wine" by Wine Spectator. If you aren't a fan, you could always opt for a Pinot Grigio or even a Riesling. I would advise against using a Moscato, though, as it is overly sweet.
It's all about the booze: Rum & Grand Marnier Sangria
To me- it ain't sangria without a good glug of booze. For this recipe, you'll add a generous amount of white rum and Grand Marnier to the mix. This adds flavor (and fun) to the recipe.
Making the mixture up a day or so in advance and keeping it in the refrigerator will help the flavors to meld, as well as infuse all the fruit with delicious booze. A win-win.
White Wine Sangria with Orange and Strawberry
- 1 750 ml bottle chilled Sauvignon Blanc
- ½ cup white rum
- ½ cup Grand Mariner
- 1 cup Fresh squeezed orange juice (Cara Cara or Naval)
- 1 tablespoon grenadine
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 orange, thinly sliced into rings
- Mix together chilled wine, rum, Grand Marnier, fresh squeeze orange juice, and grenadine until well combined. 2. Transfer to a pitcher or carafe, and stir in fruit. 3. Serve chilled, or over ice. 4. Garnish with fruit.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.