This Jiffy Pimento Cheese Cornbread with Jalapeño could not be easier to make with just 4 ingredients! Ready from start to finish in about 25 minutes, this cornbread is always a hit, and makes a great side to BBQ ribs, pulled pork and more!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
4 Ingredient Magic Cornbread!
This quick and easy Jiffy Pimento Cheese Cornbread with Jalapeño is made with just 4 ingredients! Jiffy Cornbread Mix, Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread, an egg, and a jalapeño. This cornbread is super flavorful with a great texture, and is essentially effortless. The tangy pimento cheese and jalapeño give this cornbread a southern flare, and a little kick!
Looking for more great ways to use Pimento Cheese or Jiffy Cornbread Mix?
Why not try my Mexican Chorizo Cornbread Casserole, Pimento Cheese and Tomato Galette with Everything Bagel Crust, One Pan Pimento Cheese Chicken, Tamale Pie Al Pastor, or Pimento Cheese Burgers with Bacon!
How to make Jiffy cornbread even better
I grew up with Jiffy cornbread mix. It's easy and delicious just by following the box directions. As I grew older, I learned that it is also a valuable ingredient, and makes for great dinner recipes like tamale pie and cornbread casserole. Jiffy cornbread is so easily and effortlessly customizable, and isn always a staple of my pantry.
For this recipe, rather than use the typical milk as the package states, I opted to add flavor and moisture with a generous portion of my homemade pimento cheese spread. Add an egg, mix it up and top it with fresh jalapeños, and you've got a gourmet cornbread in just about 25 minutes!
A "surprise" drop-in from my sous chef, Frankie
No recipe test is ever complete without a visit from my honorary sous chef (and sometimes, accidental taste tester) Frankie. Here she is dropping in for some cornbread crumbs.
What to serve with the jalapeño cheese cornbread
This cornbread is a great accompaniment to BBQ, such as ribs ir smoked chicken. I also love it alongside pulled pork, or roasted chicken. You really just can't go wrong with this cornbread!
Never Miss a Recipe! Sign Up Today!
Jiffy Pimento Cheese Cornbread with Jalapeño
- 9" deep dish pie dish
- 1 8.5 oz box Jiffy cornbread mix
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup Pimento cheese spread (see recipe link below)
- 1 medium Jalapeño, sliced thinly
- Make the Horseradish Pimento Cheese Spread
- 1. Spray a 9” deep dish pie pan with cooking spray. 2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 3. In a medium-large mixing bowl, mix the Jiffy cornbread dry mix, egg, and pimento cheese until well combined. 4. Transfer the cornbread mixture to the greased pie dish, and spread evenly with a spatula. 5. Slice jalapeños thinly, and layer in a circular pattern across the top of the top of the cornbread lightly pressing to set. 6. Bake for 15-20 minutes, until cornbread is set and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 7. Allow to rest 10-15 minutes before serving. Serve with softened butter, if desired.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.