This simple and tasty Persimmon Bread with Blueberry and Chia Seeds is an easy loaf bread that's great for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet treat with your coffee. Serve it with a dollop of honey butter for a real treat!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy and delicious Persimmon Bread, with the added texture and health benefits of chia seeds.
This tasty and spiced bread is loaded with ripe and juicy pureed persimmons, fresh blueberries, chia seeds and pecans. Not only is it delicious, but healthy to boot! Add a dollop of honey butter, and it's heaven!
Looking for more great dessert ideas?
What goes into the Persimmon Bread?
To make the persimmon bread, you will need:
- All-purpose flour.
- Baking soda.
- Fresh grated nutmeg.
- Ground allspice.
- Pure Vanilla extract.
- Softened butter.
- Light brown sugar.
- Fuyu Persimmons.
- Pecans (whole or chopped).
- Chai seeds.
- Fresh blueberries.
With a warm blend of spices, blueberries, pecans and chia seeds- this bread is rich and flavorful, and looks beautiful with some sliced persimmon on top! I love to serve it slightly warm with some honey butter.
Persimmon Chia Seed Bread- a delicious breakfast or dessert, with health benefits!
Chia seeds are tiny and mighty. Their nutty taste adds great flavor to the bread, and the seeds add a great deal of healthy nutrients and benefits to your diet!
Benefits of adding Chia Seed to the bread
- Rich in omega-3 fatty acids
- Great source of fiber
- Good source of antioxidants
- May help with weight loss (keep you fuller, longer)
- Help with blood sugar spikes
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Quick and easy Honey Butter, for serving
This bread is great as-is, but it's on another level when you spread on a little pat of some soft honey butter. The recipe is included below! Goes great with a warm piece of this bread and some coffee or tea!
Possible variations and mix-ins for the persimmon bread recipe
This bread recipe can be slightly modified to taste, or to work with what you have on hand. Below are some possible swaps or additions!
- No pecans? Try walnuts or sliced almonds.
- No cha seeds? Leave them out!
- The blueberries can be left out as well, or substituted with blackberries or dried cranberries.
- Instead of allspice, you could do a minx of ground cinnamon and a dash of ground ginger.
Want to give this recipe a try?!
Persimmon Bread with Blueberry and Chia Seeds
- 1 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
- ¼ tsp ground allspice
- ¾ cup light brown sugar
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- 2 ripe Fuyu Persimmons, puréed, (about a half a cup)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup pecans (chopped or halved)
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- 1 ripe Fuyu Persimmon, sliced thinly
- 2 tbsp softened butter
- 1 tbsp honey
- a pinch of sea salt
- Bread 1. Preheat oven to 350 degres. 2. Spray a loaf pan with cooking spray. 3. Whisk dry ingredients together in a large bowl. 4. Process or blend 2 persimmons until smooth. Beat in wet ingredients with a whisk or hand mixer until a smooth batter forms. 5. Fold in the pecans and blueberries until well incorporated. 6. Pour batter into prepared loaf pan. 7. Top with sliced persimmon. 8. Bake on middle rack of oven for 45-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool at least 45 minutes before removing from pan. Honey Butter 1. Stir ingredients together to combine.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.