Pear Crumb Coffee Cake
Share this recipe!
This moist and flavorful Pear Crumb Coffee Cake has pears in the cake batter, as well as in the spiced crumb topping- for a fun and fruity twist on a classic cake!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.Yum
This super easy Pear Crumb Coffee Cake comes together in a flash for a great fall dessert or brunch baked good. With pureed pears in the batter and chopped pears in the crunchy crumb topping- this is one delicious and unexpected coffee cake that is sure to impress.
Making the quick and easy cake batter
This cake batter comes together quickly and easily, and can be mixed with either a hand mixer or with a little elbow grease and a sturdy spatula. To make the batter, you’ll start by combining the dry ingredients. Next you’ll fold in some wet ingredient until a thick batter forms.
The use of greek yogurt and pureed pears in the batter makes this cake extra moist and decadent, and give it a ton of flavor. I recommend using a flavored greek yogurt such as honey or vanilla, for the added sweetness and flavor.
Making the pear crumb topping
Assembling and baking
Once you’ve got your batter ready to go, you’ll distribute it evenly into a parchment lined baking dish. You’ll then make the crumb topping for the cake by combing flour, sugar, cinnamon, melted butter and chopped ripe pears with a fork. Once coarse crumbs form, evenly distribute the crumb topping over the cake batter, and pop the cake in the oven.
In a little under an hour, the cake is ready! Allow it to cool completely before serving, and get ready to dive into one incredibly moist and delicious fall treat!
Want to give this recipe a try?
If you make my Pear Crumb Coffee Cake, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Pear Crumb Coffee Cake
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 3.4 oz box vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cane sugar*
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup puréed fresh pear (about 1-2 pears)
- 1 cup honey flavored greek yogurt*
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
Pear Crumb Topping
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cane sugar*
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 medium pear, cut into small cubes
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees, and line a 9×12 baking dish with parchment. 2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, baking powder, ad baking soda and vanilla pudding mix and sugar. 3. Add the melted butter, eggs, pureed pear, greek yogurt and vanilla. Combine with a hand mixer or spatula until fully combined. 4. Distribute the batter evenly into the parchment lined pan. 5. Make the crumb topping: Combine topping ingredients in a medium mixing bowl with a fork until well combined. Press together with your hands for larger clumps, and distribute the crumb topping evenly over the cake batter. 7. Bake in preheated oven for 50-55 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. 8. Cool completely before serving.
Regular granulated sugar can be subbed for cane sugar.
Vanilla greek yogurt can be subbed for honey greek yogurt.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.