Use up summer zucchini with this moist and flavorful Easy Zucchini Bread (or Muffins) Recipe! With simple ingredients and crunchy pecans, this simple and foolproof recipe is ready for the oven in minutes!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
An Easy Zucchini Bread recipe you can make into loafs or muffins!
This easy and moist Zucchini Bread recipe is super fast to whip up, and never disappoints! My family has been making this recipe for decades, and it's always gone almost as soon as it's made. With simple pantry staples and fresh zucchini, this recipe is a great way to use up that summer squash.
What goes into the moist zucchini bread recipe?
To make the zucchini bread or muffins, you will need:
- Cooking oil- such as vegetable, canola, or avocado oil.
- Some large eggs.
- Sugar. I prefer organic cane sugar for this recipe.
- Grated unpeeled zucchini You'll need about 2 average sized zucchini for this recipe. And there is no need to peel or drain the liquid- just throw it right in!
- Some pure vanilla extract and cinnamon, for flavor.
- All-purpose flour, baking soda, salt and baking soda.
- Chopped pecans. You could also sub in walnuts or raisins if you like!
Making Zucchini Bread loaves
If you are making bread, you'll need 2 loaf pans for the full recipe. This recipe is easily cut down if you'd like to make just one loaf.
3 Easy Steps
1. Grease 2 loaf pans (I prefer a 9”x5”) with cooking spray or butter. Divide the zucchini bread batter evenly into both loaf pans.
2. Bake the loaves for 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.
3. Allow the zucchini bread to cool for at least one hour in the loaf pans, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Make sure your loaf pans are well greased, or lined with parchment, prior to baking.
Making Zucchini Bread Muffins
If you're short on time, or just prefer muffins- this recipe easily translates to a standard size muffin pan.
Baking the zucchini muffins
1. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with muffin cups.
2. Evenly divide batter into cups, about 2 tablespoon per muffin.
3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean.Makes about 20 muffins.
Pro Tip: For extra pretty muffins, add a little extra chopped nuts to the muffins just before baking!
Preparing the zucchini
There is no need to peel the zucchini prior to adding it to this recipe! Simply wash, grate and add it right into the bowl with the wet ingredients! There is also no need to wring out any moisture- that water content makes for a super moist bread or muffin!
Tips for a great zucchini bread batter
To make sure your bread comes out perfect every time, here are a few key tips:
- Make sure to whisk your wet ingredients and dry ingredients separately, then incorporate with each other. This makes sure the final product is not only not over-mixed, but also helps the leavening agents mix well.
- Make sure to grease your loaf pans or muffin pan well, or line with paper/parchment.
- Use quality ingredients, and check the dates on your baking soda and baking powder.
Missing an ingredient, or want to make this recipe your own? Here are a few swaps and suggestions!
- Try a mix of brown sugar and granulated sugar for a richer flavor.
- Swap the pecans for walnuts, raisins, or dried cranberries.
- Add a cup of semi sweet chocolate chips!
- Add a dash of fresh grated nutmeg or ground ginger for a bit of extra spice.
Looking for more fun baking ideas?
Try my Persimmon Bread with Blueberries and Chia Seeds, Orange Olive Oil Cake with Fig Jam, Pumpkin Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies with Pistachios, Almond Flour Pumpkin Muffins, or Gluten Free Snowballs with Cherries, White Chocolate and Almonds.
Easy Zucchini Bread (or Muffins)
- loaf pans or muffin tins
- 1 cup vegetable, canola, or avocado oil
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar , (preferably organic cane sugar)
- 2 cups grated unpeeled zucchini (about 2 zucchini)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 2. In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla together. 3. Grate zucchini, and add to the bowl. 4. In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon & salt. Transfer to bowl with wet mixture and stir to combine. 5. Fold in pecans (if adding). Bread: 1. If making bread, grease 2 loaf pans (9”x5”) with cooking spray or butter. Divide batter evenly into both loaf pans. 2. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. 3. Allow to cool for at least one hour, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Muffins: 1. Grease a 12 cup muffin tin, or line with muffin cups. 2. Evenly divide batter into cups, about 2 tablespoon per muffin. 3. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick in the center comes out clean. Makes about 20 muffins.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.