Spaghetti Squash Waffles with Parmesan
Share this recipe!
These quick and easy Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown Waffles with Parmesan are a great low carb breakfast option you can make in your waffle iron! With a crisp exterior and a well seasoned batter, these waffles are always a hit!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy, low carb Spaghetti Squash Waffles
A low carb and delicious savory breakfast option, these Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown Waffles with Parmesan are an easy and light dish you can make in your waffle iron!
The recipe calls for cooked spaghetti squash, which you can cook using any method you prefer. I like to roast mine, and my roasting method is included in the recipe below!
Making the waffle batter
To make the batter for these squash waffles, you will need:
- Cooked spaghetti squash.
- 1 medium shallot.
- Garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Grated parmesan cheese.
- Panko breadcrumbs.
- An egg.
- A little bit of all=purpose flour, and a touch of cornstarch.
Simply mix the ingredients together while your waffle iron heats up, and you’re ready to go!
Cooking spaghetti squash
Cook squash until tender. My preferred method is to split the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, rub with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees, cut side down. Alternatively, you can use pre cooked or microwaved squash.
Prepping the waffles
Once the squash is cooked, cool it, and add it to a bowl with the remaining ingredients. Preheat your waffle iron, and once its well combined, you’re ready to go!
Cooking spaghetti squash waffles
Once your waffle iron is hot and ready, grease it with a bit of butter or cooking spray. For each waffle, spread about 3/4 cup of the squash mixture evenly over the waffle iron. Close and cook for about 8-10 minutes, until the waffles are crisp and cooked through.
Once the waffles are ready, you can eat them as-is, or with a bit of hot sauce or ketchup. They are work great as an alternative to bread for dishes like eggs Benedict!
Want to save this low carb waffles recipe for later? Pin it!
Made this recipe? Leave a review and rating below!
If you make my Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown Waffles with Parmesan, please be sure to leave me a comment! I would love to hear from you, and value your feedback! Lastly, if you make the recipe and love it, please tag me on Instagram! I love to see your photos!
Looking for more great recipes? Why not try my Sazon Chicken Salad, Spicy Muffuletta Oven Panini, Crispy Chicken and Prosciutto Cobb Salad, or 30 Minute Prosciutto Mozzarella Chicken!
Spaghetti Squash Hash Brown Waffles with Parmesan
- waffle maker
- 2 cups cooked spaghetti squash
- 1 medium shallot, minced
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 6 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp cornstarch
- cooking spray or butter, for greasing waffle iron
- Making the squash: 1. Cook squash until tender. My preferred method is to split the squash in half lengthwise, remove the seeds, rub with some olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast for about 30 minutes at 425 degrees, cut side down. Alternatively, you can use pre cooked or microwaved squash. 2. Allow squash to cool completely before mixing with other ingredients. Making the waffle batter: 1. Mix all ingredients in a large mixing bowl until well combined. Making the waffles: 1. Grease a waffle iron with cooking spray or butter, and heat until ready light comes on. 2. Using 3/4 cup art a time, spread the squash mixture evenly over the waffle iron, and close. 3. Cook for 6-10 minutes, until browned and slightly crisp. Remove to a plate and continue until all batter is used. Makes 3-4 large waffles.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
This was really good!
Thanks, Daniel! Glad you enjoyed!
Great recipe! I made an apple cider and mikes hot honey reduction on top and it was amazing! Thank you!
Thank you so much! So glad you enjoyed!