Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
Share this recipe!
This simple, spiced and refreshing Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail is a great fall treat you can make in less than 5 minutes! With apple cider, bourbon whiskey, maple syrup and Angostura bitters, this Bourbon apple cider is always a hit!
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Easy, crisp and spiced Apple cider bourbon cocktails
This delicious Bourbon apple cider is ready to go in under 5 minutes, with just a few simple ingredients! The perfect fall themed cocktail, these drinks are great for parties and tailgates. With fresh apple cider, bourbon whiskey, Angostura bitters, and lemon, these taste like fall in a glass! Top each drink with ginger ale just before serving, and garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks to dress them up!
How to make the Bourbon Apple Cider drinks
To make this easy Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail, you will need:
- Some good bourbon whiskey. I like Jim Beam and Makers Mark.
- Maple syrup or honey.
- Fresh squeezed lemon juice.
- Apple cider. I like the refrigerated kind best for these.
- Angostura bitters. They add a spicy, smoky flavor to the drinks!
- Ginger ale (to top cocktails).
- Fresh apple slices and cinnamon sticks (for garnish). Any of your favorite apples will work! Pro tip: rub them with a bit of lemon prior to garnishing to keep them from browning in your cocktails.
To make the drinks, add all but the garnish and ginger ale to a cocktail shaker or mason jar, and shake well. Pour the cocktails over ice, and top each with ginger ale. Garnish with apple slices and cinnamon sticks and serve!
What kind of bourbon should I use?
I like Jim Beam and Makers Mark for these cocktails, but you can use any bourbon whiskey you like for these. Using another type of whiskey will alter the flavor profile of the drink, so stick to bourbon for the best results.
What kind of bitters should I use?
I used Angostura bitters for these cocktails. They impart a smoky, herby flavor to the drinks. Be sure to use only a few dashes per drink, though. Bitters pack a punch, and are best to be added in small doses.
Can I make my bourbon cocktail in advance?
You can make these ahead, even in large batches! If making ahead, just mix all but the ginger ale and ice, and let your guests add that to their cocktails as they serve themselves. This way, the drinks will stay bubbly and fresh.
Looking for more great cocktails?
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Wanna make this Apple Cider Bourbon Drink? Pin it!
Apple Cider Bourbon Cocktail
- 4 oz bourbon whiskey
- 1 oz maple syrup or honey
- 2 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider
- 4-6 dashes Angostura bitters
- ginger ale (to top cocktails)
- apple slices and cinnamon sticks (for garnish)
- To a cocktail shaker or mason jar, add bourbon, maple syrup, lemon juice, apple cider and bitters. 2. Shake well. 3. Fill 2 cocktail glasses with ice. 4. Pour contents of shaker evenly into the 2 glasses. 5. Top each cocktail with ginger ale, and garnish with apple slices and a cinnamon stick.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.
What are you craving today?
Hi, I’m Sharon!
Welcome to Jawns I Cooked!
Here you’ll find delicious dinners, brunch, easy cocktails, great tailgate treats, and more! All of my recipes are made with accessible ingredients you can find at your local grocery store!