This fast and easy Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto recipe comes together in minutes, with jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil, fresh basil and rosemary, and toasted almonds! Serve it with your favorite pasta, toast or crackers!JUMP TO RECIPE
This site contains affiliate links to products. We may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Quick and easy Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
This easy and flavorful Sun Dried Tomato Pesto comes together in about 10 minutes with some toasted almonds, jarred sun dried tomatoes in oil, fresh herbs and good quality parmesan cheese! Simply pulse everything in your food processor, and serve with your favorite pasta or toast!
What goes into the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto recipe?
To make this easy and flavorful Sun Dried Tomato Pesto, or "Pesto Rosso," you will need:
- A jar of sun dried tomatoes in oil. You'll add the full jar (oil and all) to the food processor. The oil is full of flavor!
- 1 sprig rosemary, stems removed.
- Some fresh basil leaves.
- A few cloves of fresh garlic. Just throw it in peeled and whole.
- Grated parmesan cheese. Grate it yourself, or get a high quality pre-grated variety.
- Extra virgin olive oil.
- Crushed red pepper flakes for a little heat.
- Some almonds that you'll briefly toast in a pan.
- Salt and pepper, to taste.
Toasting the almonds
Toasting the almonds prior to adding them to your pesto will enhance their flavor, and by association, the flavor of your pesto! To toast, add them to a frying pan over medium heat for about 4 minutes. Give them a little shake here and there. Allow them to cool briefly before adding them to the food processor with the other ingredients.
What to serve with the Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
This pesto goes great with any of your favorite pastas, or with crostini, toast, or crackers. It makes a great addition to a charcuterie spread, or a quick and easy dinner tossed with pasta and veggies, or crumbled Italian sausage!
Storing the pesto
The pesto will keep in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days. If you plan to freeze it, I recommend omitting the cheese for best results. You can always stir it in later.
Want to save this recipe for later? Pin it!
Never miss a recipe! Sign up today!
Made this Sun Dried Tomato Basil Pesto? Give it a review and rating below!
Looking for more great recipes?
Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
- Food Processor
- ½ cup almonds, toasted
- 1 8.5 oz jar sun dried tomatoes + jar oil
- 1 sprig rosemary, stems removed
- 2 packed cups fresh basil leaves
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1. Toast the almonds for 3-4 minutes over medium heat in a frying pan, then transfer to a plate to cool. 2. Add the full jar of sun-dried tomatoes with oil, rosemary leaves, fresh basil leaves, garlic cloves, parmesan cheese, crushed red pepper flakes, cooled toasted almonds and salt and pepper to the bowl of your food processor. Pulse until finely ground, then stream in olive oil. 3. Transfer to a bowl to serve, or store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
© Jawns I Cooked. All images & content are the sole property of Jawns I Cooked. Please ask permission prior to using my photos. If you would like to share one of my recipes, please link back to this post and re-write the instructions in your own words.